Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fun Steps

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Got a chance to start on my cabin steps today. Not sure if any of you guys are into wood working or not if so you may find this fun. Lots of 4x12 cedar.

0219201653_resized.jpg

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I live in a log cabin with some cedar wood. Great smell!  We also built our own cabin. But at our age, that's over. I love wood and when you build it becomes personal. The oil and sweat in your hands give it a certain look that can't be duplicated. I also use cedar arrows in my traditional bow, have bits of broken arrows stuck everywhere, even in the glove box of the truck. I am a backwoodsman who just happens to have a Kitfox.

Edited by Allen Sutphin
3 people like this

Posted

Very nice TJay, it seems that you are quite a craftsman.  I've also enjoyed working with wood and made my living building things.  It's nice to see someone who knows what they are doing.  And it is obvious that you do.  I for one will like to see pictures of the finished product.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Man that is nice!!!  Those will look good, what u using for the stair treads?    Ur a heck of a good builder/woodworker.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Man that is nice!!!  Those will look good, what u using for the stair treads?    Ur a heck of a good builder/woodworker.  

Cedar 4x12 got them made and sealed today

0220201638a_resized.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh man TJay that is super nice!! I like the 4" thick tread, when the stairs r all together that is going to look super sharp in the cabin.  Now i need to find some gold here and hire u to build me a place in Louisianna on the lake. Hahahaaaa 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Very nice TJay, it seems that you are quite a craftsman.  I've also enjoyed working with wood and made my living building things.  It's nice to see someone who knows what they are doing.  And it is obvious that you do.  I for one will like to see pictures of the finished product.  JImChuk

Finally got a few days here to run to Wisconsin and finish up my steps and railing. For spindles we used 3/4 rebar and 2 Moose panels I really like how it turned out and the weather today was beautiful.

0401201554_resized.jpg

Edited by TJay
3 people like this

Posted

0401201857a_resized.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

Wow!  very nice.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Either there's a lot of time between those photos, or someone is really good at puzzles!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

WOW that is super nice, and u think im kidding about having u build me a place someplace.  Ill let u know when i find enough gold. 

Edited by Buckchop
1 person likes this

Posted

Laid some steel mesh and a 1/2 thick scratch coat. Ready for rock but gonna wait on that till next year.

Back to the kitfox one of these quarantined days.

0402201821a_resized.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Seems your attention to detail carries over in everything you do!  The way it should be!

1 person likes this

Posted

Beautiful place going up there . Not so much a weekend getaway as a retirement house, perhaps?

Posted

Beautiful place going up there . Not so much a weekend getaway as a retirement house, perhaps?

That's the goal for the next 5 to 10 years. Wish me luck.

2 people like this

Posted

Absolutely beautiful!

1 person likes this