Pretty terrible day in Aviation!

11 posts in this topic

Posted

If you have not been on the news today.... A Navy Blue Angel went in with fatal results and hrs later a Thunderbird went in. Fortunately he was able to punch out.  On top of all that some jackass slashed 87 sets of Bushwheels at Merrill Field in Alaska. 

Posted

That is terrible, Now if they would just take the guy that slashed the tires and turn him over to the guys who own the bush wheels, well lets just say there would never be another slashed tire at the field again. But not our government ha lets give him a cozy place to sleep, warm meals and a hot shower for a few nights Oh and don't forget about the cable TV. That should teach him to not do wrong!!

1 person likes this

Posted

RIP to the B.A. pilot.  He rode it in to keep it away from the houses when he could have punched out and saved himself.  He and his family are in my prayers.

It was not just bushwheels that got slashed.  It was all sizes of plane tires.  I am betting on a bunny hugging land owner that bought a house next to an airport and is now crying about the noise.  Who ever did it has got a huge set of ballz...

1 person likes this

Posted

RIP to the B.A. pilot.  He rode it in to keep it away from the houses when he could have punched out and saved himself.  He and his family are in my prayers.

It was not just bushwheels that got slashed.  It was all sizes of plane tires.  I am betting on a bunny hugging land owner that bought a house next to an airport and is now crying about the noise.  Who ever did it has got a huge set of ballz...

I'm leaning toward just plain dumb ass vandalism.  I think it was 2004 when a dipshit drunk from Livengood spent about a month and a hundred rounds of 338 Winchester trying to shoot a hole in the pipeline.  He finally made it through and I spent about 7 weeks up there supporting the cleanup crews.  Stupid people do stupid things.  There are no consequences for this sort of behavior.  Private investigators could find the perps.  Law Enforcement won't bother; no time or resources. 

Posted

I'm taking money that the slashed tires are the work of some twisted member of our community, otherwise he's have slashed a zillion car tires instead. Some aviation nut, I'm thinking.

Posted

Might have been an airplane tire sales man or supplier... ;-)  Jim Chuk

2 people like this

Posted

Or their wife...., or a Pilot's ex-wife.... (akflyer might know some suspects)

1 person likes this

Posted

A pilots ex would only go after his plane... not take 86 others with it!  This is douchebaggery at it worst!  The punk or punks better pray the cops find them before the aviation community does... Lots of places in this state that a lil bomb drop practice would never be found out.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

I know that there are some security cameras on Merrill Field - Maybe the SOB will be caught!  The mental hospital is only a block away.  EDMO

Posted

A pilots ex would only go after his plane... not take 86 others with it!  This is douchebaggery at it worst!  The punk or punks better pray the cops find them before the aviation community does... Lots of places in this state that a lil bomb drop practice would never be found out.

:BC:

Maybe, but I know some friends crazy ex's wouldn't know which plane was which, so they'd get them all to be sure.  In their mind all pilots are *ssholes anyway (in their opinion, because their ex was), and deserved it.  Never underestimate the evil of a woman who feels scorned!

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess you heard about the P47 going down killing the pilot. A crop duster pilot near here lost his life not long ago also. Bad month in aviation.

Hope they catch the tire slasher. I hate vandals as much as I do thieves!!! Boy would I like to catch one!