Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New software on the way

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Folks, to address some security issues in the current version of the software I am having the software upgraded to the latest version.  I am told that all will go smooth and we wont loose any content, but the format may change slightly and it will have a little different look.  During the upgrade we may be offline for a little while but it wont be for very long!

Hang in there folks, this is to try and keep the site from getting hacked again.  The update is much cheaper than rebuilding the site after another hack like last time!

:BC:

3 people like this

Posted

:flag: Schweet!!

Posted

Let it rip!

Posted

Just so you know what the form looks like on an iPad. It's been getting worse and worse since the last hack.

post-36-0-93968000-1443918689_thumb.png

The upgrade will be welcomed...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Larry,

My old eyes couldn't handle an Ipad - I need a 20" wide GPS to match my Desktop screen, but they might say I need an instrument rating to fly with it!

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Thanks for doing this Leni!

1 person likes this

Posted

Well thanks for the heads up on the way the forum looks. Have you maybe done something with a custom skin that makes it look that way on your pad?

Posted

Forum looks fine on my iPad. In fact, I haven't noticed anything unusual for a long time.

Posted

My IPad has shown the site like AV8r3400 has it but not always. If that helps.

Posted

Forum looks fine on my ipad mini in both Chrome and Safari with the latest ios 9.0.2. I haven't had any problems.

Larry, did you install one of the new ad/content blockers?

Posted

No. Site is fine on y iPhone, but my iPad mini looks like above. My MacBook is also fine.

I'm running safari with 9.0.2.

Posted

I don't know bout all them there lil bits n bites flying round inside one a them apples yuh caint et. I do know on me Ole trusted android on fire me a fox it's lookin gest fyne . Maybe ya done let that apple soak up too much brandy mr larry. :lol:

Posted

I should have mentioned I did not yet update my iPad 3rd Gen to iOS 9.0.2 or, for that matter, my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.0.1. And for good reason IMHO, as my unfortunate experience has been they usually create more troubles than they fix when first released.

Here's an article from Forbes just a couple days ago... Apple iOS 9.0.2 Has A Nasty Surprise

I am sooo frickin' sick of Microsoft and Apple forcing updates that simply have not been thoroughly vetted. :mad:

1 person likes this

Posted

New software looks good for me in Chrome on Windows 8.1

Scared me for a minute, thought I'd gone to the wrong site!

Mark

Posted (edited)

Just had to sign in - so far, I don't care for the format - cant see 1/10th as much when I open as I did before - Guess I will figure it out?  You may notice too, that I am no longer, "Ed in Missouri", but "MoFlyer" which I thought was supposed to be mine and Leni's secret log-in ???

AND NOW, It no longer lets me see easily who is currently on the site....

EdMO

Edited by MoFlyer

Posted

There is still some stuff updating and running in the background.  As soon as that is done I will play with the control panel and see if I can get it to look a little more like the former stuff.

Ed, you should still be able to sign in under your other login.

Posted

In the background the new software is rebuilding the content, the look and all that good stuff.  I would say it may be best if we try to refrain from posting too much until the content and all the good stuff is "rebuilt"  I will post another announcement when it is done updating everything.  The site should be MUCH faster once the rebuild is complete as well.

Posted

That's OK Leni - not going to change it.  Hope you can get it back to the easier to see format somehow.

EdMO

Posted

ok, so I am not too certain about this new version of the software.  It has some cool features and its going to take some getting used to.  If you 5think your having a hard time looking up posts etc, just try and be me and try to figure out how to run the damn thing and do the admin crap I need to do :lol:

Posted (edited)

So far looking good, it is very close to the old as far as look and feel goes.  Just thought I would try the picture.

.Landing_at_the_Space_Port.thumb.jpg.e785

Well that works better!

Edited by wypaul
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OK, so I am thinking that when some of you signed up you listed a different USER name and "DISPLAY" name.  With the new software update, it converted all member to the to the user names.  I am not sure if I can go back and change any of this or if you will have to go into your profile and change the name that is being displayed to that of which you want to be... Bare with me as we work out some of the issues.

EDIT*  To change your "display name" click on your "user" icon in the upper right hand corner, go down to account settings, then look at the right hand side of the tabs and click on "display names"  There you can change your name.  This is how I have to get to it, but my page looks a little different as mine loads admin nuke the site and post options as well :lmao:  If this does not work for you please let me know and I will try and further research it.

Thanks from your bewildered and also learning monkey in charge of this show..... and now, in the center ring.. please notice the cluster F we are about to deal with for a bit...

:party:

Edited by akflyer

Posted

That's OK Leni - not going to change it.  Hope you can get it back to the easier to see format somehow.

EdMO

I think I changed yours right... :lol:

I think it is easier to post pictures now that its just drag and drop too.. its going to take a little getting used to, but I have faith in ya mr, you can figure it out.  I may owe you a 12 pack of BL but you can do it :lmao:

Posted

Just had to sign in - so far, I don't care for the format - cant see 1/10th as much when I open as I did before - Guess I will figure it out?  You may notice too, that I am no longer, "Ed in Missouri", but "MoFlyer" which I thought was supposed to be mine and Leni's secret log-in ???

AND NOW, It no longer lets me see easily who is currently on the site....

EdMO

Near the top of the page is a "More" button. Click in it and select "online Users"

Posted

Test for the new software...

skis15.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Just now when signing on it seemed my username was case sensitive. Anyone else seeing this?

Lou