Avid C Stol Rib Profile

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys. I apologize for asking something so obvious but I looked for quite some time and couldn't find it.

I"m looking for an Excel Sheet or table of plot points for a Stol wing WITH ribtails for the flaperons. A 1:1 drawing or template would help also. I"m pretty sure it's already in the forum somewhere but I can't find it.

THANKS

Posted

Just a few days ago, I traced out a rib on 5 sheets of printer paper taped down on a table.  Scanned the sheets and sent them to some one on facebook.  They could print them out, tape them back together and have a rib pattern.  Private message me your email and I'll send them to you.  JImChuk

Posted

Just a few days ago, I traced out a rib on 5 sheets of printer paper taped down on a table.  Scanned the sheets and sent them to some one on facebook.  They could print them out, tape them back together and have a rib pattern.  Private message me your email and I'll send them to you.  JImChuk

Jim

Maybe you could post the rib pattern scan in the Files and Forms section for posterity.

Posted (edited)

Good idea Nick.  I'll see if I can do it.  Only problem may be if some one prints it out and their printer is not printing exactly to same size/scale.  I did measure the rib for an end to end length, I'll see if I can post the pictures I took as well.  JImChuk

PS  I did post them in the files and forms,  not sure it will work if you copy the images, and then print them out.  If some one tries, please let me know if it worked.  

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Hey Jim I copied the first page to photos on my IPad and printed it out measuring the mouth that fits over the spar it looks good and I will verify it with my spare at the airport hopefully later today. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The reason I was asking for this is I plan to make templates for the KitFox type rib tails. When I got my plane, one wing had ALL the Flapperon Hangerons broken off. I originally was going to fix them with wood and later decided I liked the KitFox aluminum setup much better.

Since I am an EAA member, I downloaded (and plan to learn how to use) Solid Edge. Fortunately, our company has an ME that knows Solid Works and could probably help me get started with Solid Edge. Coincidentally we both share the name Keith.

A big THANK YOU to Jim Chuk

EDIT: If I get workable templates made for all the parts, I certainly will post them on the forum.

Edited by Avidventurous
1 person likes this