"WANTED" Avid / Fox

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I am new to the forum.  I have been looking for an Avid Mark IV or Kitfox II to 4.  I've never been at the right place and time and missed the opportunities. Looking for any input and suggestions for the best place to look.  My main source has been "Barnstormers" to this point .  If anyone is considering selling, please let me know.  Thanks !

Mike

Posted

Hi

I have a Kitfox 2 that is not complete for sale 

rentzrandy@yahoo.com

20221122_170210.jpg

Posted

Rentz,

I sent you an email.

Avmech

Posted

I wish to refine my original post.  I am seeking an aircraft that already has an airworthiness certificate.

Posted

I see a Kitfox 4 on barnstormers with a Jabiru engine for $54,000 if I remember correctly....  and an Avid MK IV with a Subaru engine in it for $35,000.  Wow, nothing cheap out there. 

Posted

Those prices out of my wheel house.  I saw you had one for sale not to long ago.  I take it that it is no longer available.

Posted

Not available currently.  Should have jumped on it when it was.  :-)  

1 person likes this

Posted

Mayb could talk me out of my modified model one, but u have to take everything i have for a model one with it, and that b up in price, i have enough parts to build a second plane, but if those others r to spendy for u, u mayb better off lookin for something that needs work like Rentz has. Mine would cost u $30,000 with everything including skis, floats, 24” tires, open trailer, and all parts. 

B609633C-CFAC-4870-80DB-D3DFC166D20F.png

Posted

The days of the 10-15K Avid/Foxes are over for now! When I started (yes, they had airplanes back then) it was $50 per horsepower and $5K per seat. Now its over $200 per horsepower and almost $20K a seat.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hear you Allen.  I'm still amazed at the $200,000 RV-8s.  OMG !  

Posted

Chris, I pondered that one.  I am not sure about useful load.  I will need about 500lb.  Not sure about the commuter.  Shorter wing I think. 

Posted

Mayb could talk me out of my modified model one, but u have to take everything i have for a model one with it, and that b up in price, i have enough parts to build a second plane, but if those others r to spendy for u, u mayb better off lookin for something that needs work like Rentz has. Mine would cost u $30,000 with everything including skis, floats, 24” tires, open trailer, and all parts. 

B609633C-CFAC-4870-80DB-D3DFC166D20F.png

I would possibly be iinterested in the parts if there was a fuse and wings with it. Need a starting point for a project. 

Posted

Yes there is those parts as it says “enough parts to build another plane”  but sorry im not selling the parts they r for my KF1 incase of a miss-hap while a guy is out playin 

1 person likes this