Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Motor Mount Wanted

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I am looking for an Avid motor mount or a good drawing to build one from for a 582. This will be used to make some parts available to support the Avid. I keep hoping that Airdale will come back to life but I am losing hope.

Posted

are you looking for the older mount or the MK IV mount?  they are totally different.  I have one for a model C that is just gathering dust.  I was going to use it for the engine conversion, but I think I will be starting from scratch on a mount so I can mount the engine upright like in a Kitfox.

:BC:

Posted

I am looking for the B-C series mount at this point. I would be interested is your mount. PM me and we can work out a deal.

Posted

I have a Diana smother /mark 4 mt

252 923 5145

Posted

I have a MKIV mount for a 582.

Posted

My mistake , it's a B mount

Posted

Looks like an old topic but thought I would see. I could use a B-C model rotax mount. I need one that I can modify to fit an aftermarket starter I want to try.

Thanks,

Dan

Posted

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have some Avid parts for sale if anyone is interested.

I have a new engine mount for a 532/582 rotax, fiberglass prop spinner, a new fiberglass instrument panel and glare shield, new rudder peddels, new aluminum fuel tanks, new gear legs new azusa wheels and drum breaks,  2 new 8:00 - 6 tires, new aleron trim motor , afew other small parts. Also a pair of fiberglass  floats, but no hardware, the floats are 12'6"" long and weigh 55lb each.  All of these parts are from an 1988 Avid that never happened.

2 people like this

Posted

Jack- please post your location and a few pics of the aluminum fuel (wing?) tanks. Assuming they are custom built as Avid never offered that option. Thnx, Doug

Posted

I believe Lee Dubay from Washington state provided aluminum tanks for Avid.  My first Avid which was rebuilt by Lee had an aluminum tank in it, and my B model had two aluminum wing tanks.  Jim Chuk

Posted

I am with Jim, I am certain that for a short period Avid offered the aluminum tanks, but they had cracking issues so they went back to fiberglass.  Bob's Avid Amphib has aluminum wing tanks, or at least one aluminum wing tank in it.

:BC:

Posted

I have a MKIV mount for a 582.

Good day Bandit. How much $$$ for your 582 mount? Thanks

Posted

Jack how much are you asking for your motor mount and which style is it. The early version or later one?

Thanks,

Dan

Posted

My Avid has one aluminum tank and one fiberglass. The log books show the builder removed one of the aluminum tanks and went to fiberglass after a leak.

Dan

Posted

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I have some Avid parts for sale if anyone is interested.

I have a new engine mount for a 532/582 rotax, fiberglass prop spinner, a new fiberglass instrument panel and glare shield, new rudder peddels, new aluminum fuel tanks, new gear legs new azusa wheels and drum breaks,  2 new 8:00 - 6 tires, new aleron trim motor , afew other small parts. Also a pair of fiberglass  floats, but no hardware, the floats are 12'6"" long and weigh 55lb each.  All of these parts are from an 1988 Avid that never happened.

Posted

Jack, I may be interested in your motor mount.  I have an Avid Mark 4 STOL, would yours work ?

Bill Poore in Payson AZ

Posted

Bill are you looking for a two-stroke motor mount or something else?