Aircraft registration problems

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello

I have e-filled with the FAA for to register as "built from parts". I paid my $5 online, filled out the online application and scanned in the noterized FAA form 8050-88 ( Affidavit of ownership).  On my review date, they emailed me and informed that they need the original form physically sent in, and the scanned copy wasn't acceptable.  I respoded to the email that I would send in the original.  I sent in the original to the correct department and included a copy of the application that I e-filed online as to help with any confusion.  A couple of months have gone by and there has been no update on the CARES website that my orriginal has been recieved or added to my file and is till just "Pending". I have left severall emails and cannot get any email response back.  When you call to speak to someone, their automated anwering service tells you that you must email.  I'm frustrated that they are not replying to let me know they've recieved or that it's in process, or they haven't received for that matter.  I feel like I blew my chance and should have sent in the $5, application, and for 8050-88 all in one envelope just in case somene in the office recieved my 8050-88 and put it in discard pile due to not complete package.  Does anyone have any advice for me?  Or does physically sending something in usueally take months for them to add it to a file.  Could the answer be send in a brand new app, new notorized 8050-88 and another $5 check and just start over with to proccess?  Thank you all for any advice!!

Posted

Yikes! sorry for the multiple submissions.  I thought it was having trouble submitting so I kept hitting the button. I'm not sure how to delete the others. oops

Posted

I deleted all the other ones.  I would talk to the local FSDO inspector and see if he can help you out.  A local guy we had here was EXTREMELY helpful in cases like this.  Sometimes you can get a good guy, sometimes not so much, but it doesn't hurt to ask them if they can help you out.  You will need them or a DAR to do the airworthiness inspection anyway, so getting one or the other in the loop from the beginning can be VERY helpful to make the process go smoother.

The flip side, do not expect anything to happen quickly in the current world we live in.

1 person likes this

Posted

I deleted all the other ones.  I would talk to the local FSDO inspector and see if he can help you out.  A local guy we had here was EXTREMELY helpful in cases like this.  Sometimes you can get a good guy, sometimes not so much, but it doesn't hurt to ask them if they can help you out.  You will need them or a DAR to do the airworthiness inspection anyway, so getting one or the other in the loop from the beginning can be VERY helpful to make the process go smoother.

The flip side, do not expect anything to happen quickly in the current world we live in.

Thank you for your help deleting my extra submits and the advice.

Posted

When I contacted the FSDO in Seattle, they were not at all interested or freindly about "built from parts"  He simply said "that wont work" and was not at all helpfull.  I've heard in Idaho they are more supportive for this.  Does anyone have any input or advice on this?

Posted

When I contacted the FSDO in Seattle, they were not at all interested or freindly about "built from parts"  He simply said "that wont work" and was not at all helpfull.  I've heard in Idaho they are more supportive for this.  Does anyone have any input or advice on this?

I think you are referring to block 15 "Aircraft manufacturer" where you put in the "assembled from parts".  The actual answer is that you are the manufacturer. Just put your name and as aircraft type "Avid Flyer". At least that's wat my registration has.

Posted

Thanks, I filled everything in propperly but they are not updating my sent in original to my efiled file.  no one is answering my emails and of course you can't get ahold of them by phone.  My process seems to be stuck in a never endeing "pending" situation.