Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Looking for a Kitfox nose wheel kit

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I am looking for a nose wheel kit for Kitfox.  I’ll mod it for my Avid Model C. I’m in San Diego, CA land of paved runways.  She’s set up as a tailwheeler, but insurance is getting out of hand for tailwheeled experimentals and I want to keep her flying! 

Posted

Might take a little bit to find one. A full swivel one like the RV series and several others is easy to make and requires less modifications and weight.  It can be built into the engine mount fairly easy. A little backyard engineering and a few materials and you have it. Diff braking is a must.

Posted (edited)

i bought a rans S-6 nosewheel and fit it to my Fat Avid. It turned out real well (I think) and allows an 800 size tire. It took a bit of DIY to make it work but all in all it was well worth the effort. I have many hundreds of hours on it without a single problem. here is a link to give you the idea.

Edited by ChrisBolkan

Posted

Doug, I sent you a private message.  Did you get it?  JImChuk

Posted

I have an AVID MK IV nose gear assembly that I am converting back to tail dragger. I would sell the nose wheel. I have some partially complete main gear for tail dragger. So looking to trade or cover the cost of welding up the main gear.

Bill Wike