Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ridge Runner 3

36 posts in this topic

Posted

Still trying to get ahold of the guy in Ga about the RR3 kit for sale.

Posted

Saw a finished Kitfox light in MN on face book think it was 12000 or so

Posted

Evidently they don't allow many people from WVa on Facebook!  10K-12K isn't bad.

Posted

ill see if i can find more info about it and send you

Posted

Ill try to get his phone number for you they you can go from there.Kitfox_Lite.thumb.png.6dde34f4e0b187f3e1

Posted

Thanks!

Posted

Ga. is a lot closer for me. If it works out.

Posted (edited)

The Kitfox lite in Mn belongs to a friend of mine.  He is a straight shooter.  It's a cute little plane.  I have some videos on my phone of it taking off and landing.  JImChuk

PS,  I posted those videos onto his add on fb

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Anybody know anything about the Rans S-5?

Posted

I flew a s6es and it was a very nice plane to fly but I thought the wing was way to big for that light of an airplane.

Posted

That is what my impression of the challenger was. One of the reasons it was a handful in any wind, especially here in the mountains. But then anything less than 8 or 9 lbs PSF is going to be like riding a bull who is slightly ticked off.

Posted

I had a clipped wing challenger

Posted

Just checked the mileage from here to the Kitfox Lite. A tad over 1700 miles round trip. A bit beyond this old fart's range now days. Oh well, I'll bide my time, something will pop up closer. By then I'll have more saved.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hi Allen,  I just saw this on barnstormers.  It's paperwork is expired from the previous owner though.  Kolb is a fun plane.

KOLB TWINSTAR MKII PROJECT • $5,000 • COME AND GET IT • I purchased this Kolb Twinstar MKII 2-place project but I just haven't had time to do anything with it and don't see that changing any time soon. Folding wings and tail for storage and easy transport. Keep it in your garage and save on hangar fees. Rotax 503 SCSI with a 2.58 gearbox. Starts easily and runs smooth. Includes both a wood and Warp drive composite prop with nickel leading edge. Manual, plans, log book. Good wings, new tires. Don't miss out on a very affordable project. • Contact Chad Stenson , Owner - located Oostburg, WI 53070 United States • Telephone: 920-226-4554 • Posted May 13, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images

thumbnail_image_1739007_1_1652459712.jpethumbnail_image_1739007_2_1652459714.jpethumbnail_image_1739007_3_1652459716.jpe
Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

That one would be a project! Engine would have to be replaced. Still a long way off.

Posted

Just saw a Minimax on facebook in Romney WV for 5000.  503 engine.  Says it ready to fly....

Posted

That would be in my ballpark. Have a # listed?

Posted

Didn't see one.  Are you on facebook?

Posted

Only book my face is on is probably hanging in the post office. No.

Posted

Only book my face is on is probably hanging in the post office. No.

Your missing out man there is at least 500 groups that are all airplanes for sale haha Im a member of at least 5 of them and that is enough to be dangerous.

Posted

I tried but my wife had an old facebook acct and it was canceled and since we have the same E-mail, they won't let me on.

Posted (edited)

Allen, if you private message me your phone number, I can message the guy and ask him to call you.  As far as facebook goes, I really wish it hadn't taken over or maybe say overtaken the forums.  I think of it more of a gossip thing, and less of the real plane building and information.  On these forums, you can do a search and find stuff that was posted 10 yrs ago, and it very well may be relevant to what you were trying to find out.   On fb its hard to find something that is a week old.  Also, lots of key board commandos.  Maybe some screwed up kid in his mom's basement trying to sound like he knows something.  And often enough maybe someone older than a kid with the same desire to sound important.  It especially peeves me when someone posts an add, and the first question some one will ask is "is the price negotiable?"  not how many hours, what engine, ect, ect.....

Edited by 1avidflyer
1 person likes this

Posted

Boy ain't that the truth Jim. This forum has so much more useful information. I just wish it wasn't so quiet lately. I don't use team kitfox that much not sure why there is alot of good people on there too just never cared for the forum.

Posted

Allen, I sent your number on to the guy with the minimax.  TJay, I think Team Kitfox is more geared to later model Kitfoxes than what we see here.  Lot of good guys there as well as you said.  

Posted

Thanks! As was said, it doesn't take very long on this group to know who you can trust and most you can trust without reservation. Actually this group pretty much monitors itself and its the members who curb somebody without the moderators having to do it. Though it rarely if ever has to be done.