Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ridgerunner for sale on barnstormers

9 posts in this topic

Posted

In case anyone is interested.  Allen, did you see this?  

RIDGE RUNNER III KIT W/FLOATS • $11,700 • AVAILABLE FOR SALE OR TRADE • Fabric almost finished, 14 hour 503 eng, panel, floats, interior, almost paint ready. Trades welcome • Contact Kenneth Howes , Owner - located Fort Valley, GA United States • Telephone: 623-262-3328 • Posted March 19, 2022 

Posted

Just saw another one also.  Should be a real performer   with the 582.  

RIDGE RUNNER - BUILT IN 2005 • $15,500 • AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SALE • $15500 obo - 271 hours on the plane - 2 hours on total rebuilt (engine and carbs) - 582 engine - B box with 3 bladed Ivoprop (ground adjustable) - BRS-5 softpack parachute - New battery - Aileron plus flaps - 5 gallon wing tanks plus 4.5 gallon seat tank • Contact Douglas Edwards , Owner - located Poplar Grove, IL United States • Telephone: 5633402151 • Posted March 18, 2022 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images

thumbnail_image_1688524_1_1631674416.jpethumbnail_image_1688524_2_1631674417.jpethumbnail_image_1688524_3_1631674418.jpethumbnail_image_1688524_4_1631674419.jpethumbnail_image_1688524_5_1631674420.jpe

Posted

No, but will check it out. Thanks!

Posted

Sent the guy an E-mail.

Posted

No n-number anywhere on it. With the 582 I doubt it is under the 254 lb for ultralight. Would either have to fly illegal, or would probably be hell to try to get an airworthiness and registration for it.

Posted

It doesn't show up registered in FAA database. Which to me means its worth about 50% of asking price. Called about another one that the owner said was an ultralight. It had 2 seats and a 12 gal tank. When I suggested it wasn't a legal ultralight, the owner said I didn't know anything and hung up. Oh well, I'll bide my time and hold on to my money. My busy season is about to start anyway.

Posted

The Badlands ultralight is a good looking bird but kind of expensive. And almost a year waiting list. I really have a problem with sending several thousand dollars to someone I don't know and wait a year an see if I get a kit. A lot of things can happen in a year. That is what took RidgeRunner out and a few lost a lot of money. I would consider building one from scratch but have you seen the price of 4130 tubing. OUCH!

Posted

Alan,

There's a Backyard Flyer for sale in Reading.  Has Generac type motor.

Posted

Right now I am enjoying the downtime from aircraft building and flying. A little unsure as to where the current national situation is going to end up, so reserve cash is kind of nice to have. Which makes me ponder where the aircraft market is headed, up or down. I can't be the only one who thinks like this. One of the reasons I think the ultralight market is going to explode in the future. But I've been wrong before. Still do a little A&P work, which keeps me in the game.