Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

582 replacement.

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Not bad for 7000 bucks.

2 people like this

Posted

I've been paying attention to this engine and following its progress. Sounds good but I'd like to see a few in the field and flying for a couple hundred hours before committing to it. He doesn't mention who makes it or how long it will last before replacement is needed. 800-1000 hrs is a respectable time limit. When I talked to him he wasn't too forthcoming on information about it. And not sure how it would fit in an Avid/Fox cowl. First initial impression is its a neat package.

Posted

Supposed to only 110 lbs too!   

Posted

And I have some oceanfront property for sale in Idaho! 

1 person likes this

Posted

On the video he says weight is without exhaust, coolant and the brushless outrunner.

Posted

Maybe someone here should give one a try. I would guess it would have to be a light Avid/Fox. If I hadn't just got the HKS I'd be willing to invest in one, if they are available yet. I'd like to know a little more about them before committing 7K or so. So far I've seen very little about the spec's on it. One of the Fla. guys should have a look at one and repot to us. I think he is located in Fla. I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks for gas for an honest report on one. I'd come closer to believing one of us than a video of someone talking about how great they are. I tend to be skeptical about new engines being bulletproof.

1 person likes this