Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Adding dual brakes - Matco MC-1

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I want to add right seat brakes to our Avid MK4 which currently has MC-1 reservoir master cylinders for the left seat. Can anyone confirm whether it is okay to keep these when installing new non-reservoir master cylinders in series for the right seat. I've read somewhere about creating an unintentional parking brake function of both sides are used.. Are we better-off replacing the MC-1s?

Regards

Ad

Posted

There is a simple fix if you have some mechanical ability. Here is the matco SB on it.

http://www.matcomfg.com/ServicebulletinForMC1PressureLock-idv-2661-23.html

Thanks

Any idea whether this mod is needed just for the old MC-1 and if so is it when using two sets of MC-1s with reservoirs? I'm still not sure whether it's okay to use an old MC-1 with a newer pair of cylinders for the right seat.

Ad

Posted

The tech guy at Matco (George is my memory is correct) is very nice to talk with.  I would suggest making a call to him.  He for sure can give you the correct answer.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

We used the MC-1 on the pilot side and added non reservoir pair on the right side and they work just fine.  Like Jim said, give George a call at Matco and he will give you good info.

Posted

I used MC-1 on one side and non-reservoir MC-4A master cylinders on the other side. My MC-1's have the mod done and everything works great.

Posted

Thanks all, much appreciated