Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

David Clark Headset Repair?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone know of a source for headset repair?  Our back-up headset, a David Clark, is now dead for some reason (no speaker sound or transmit capability).  Worked great this past winter.

Is there such a thing as a headset repair facility for something like this?  It is about 30 years old, however it is the headset I used during my C130 FE years, so it has some sentimental value to me to make it usable again. It is a military unit with an adapter for GA use.
Edited by LSaupe

Posted

No personal experience, but I would go back to the source.  I'm impressed by all the information they supply in support of thier products.

Customer Service

Exploded Views and Parts Lists

Posted

When I was using DC headsets I sent them to the factory and they always repaired them no charge including replacing  mics.

Posted

I had the same experience as Paul.  I sent in a very old set hat was given to me and they came back in perfect working order with a new mic and cord.  I think I had to pay shipping. 

Posted

We used to repair them in-house at the airlines I worked for.  Usually the problem was at the jack end of the cord.

Posted

Great feedback.  Thanks All.