Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Found my next plane...On Craigslist!

15 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Rough and Ready!! Bored over, heavily modded, and just needs tires.
Screenshot_(19).thumb.png.bb824f63c7ad9f

Edited by C5Engineer
1 person likes this

Posted

Why?

EDMO

Posted

Why?

EDMO

Death guaranteed WHY NOT? Sarcasm ALERT! Come on now Ed..... Guess I should of posted this in the jokes section.

Posted (edited)

Why?

EDMO

Death guaranteed WHY NOT? Sarcasm ALERT! Come on now Ed..... Guess I should of posted this in the jokes section.

Sure looked like a bad joke to me!  :lol:  EDMOZZZ   Reminds me of some ads I have seen for "plans" which included some pencil lines, no engine, no wings, no landing gear.....I cant think right now - that Buzzbomber lawnmower outside is driving me nuts!  I know - "Short Trip"!  Ha!

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Joey I'm close, if you want I can pick it up for you! 

Posted

Could somone fly it go new zealand for me,will pay for the gas,maybe?

Posted (edited)

That should fit in a KC-10.  Maybe Joey could stop there for coffee?  Are there any long runways there?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Hey EDMO, yea we have to hack runways out of the jungle with machete's NOT

Ime 15minuts from NZCH .Kc10's have landed there

Transport problem sorted!

Edited by Dusty

Posted

With a V tail? No thanks!!! And I kind of like the Quick Silvers. Nothing like wind in your face! ;)

Posted (edited)

Hey EDMO, yea we have to hack runways out of the jungle with machete's NOT

Ime 15minuts from NZCH .Kc10's have landed there

Transport problem sorted!

Dusty,  I thought maybe the Seabees had left something there besides machetes when General Mack and my Uncles were visiting!  Ha! 

Is that how your bird got there?   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I dont understand Seabee's? We have to thank america for many of our good sealed strips,unfortunately many  of our strips have been lost to devalopment

Posted (edited)

I dont understand Seabee's? We have to thank america for many of our good sealed strips,unfortunately many  of our strips have been lost to devalopment

Dusty,  The SeaBees were the Navy construction battalion (CB) guys with the bulldozers and equipment to make airstrips and such during WW2.  I was just kidding about the machetes , but that was how many airports got started back then.   We have lots of military-built airstrips here that have not been maintained as they should have been, and others that have become huge airports.   EdMO   Hurricane Sandy and the Seabees | Bee Informed Partnership

Edited by EDMO

Posted

The US military in WWII was unbelievable. In the Pacific, the CB's (Seabees) would start building the base while the islands were being conquered. On Guam, Tinian and Saipan, the airbase was launching B-29's just 5 months after the first Marines went ashore. That 5 months was spent invading, mopping up, constructing the base, the runways and the port facilities for bombs and parts, and the barracks and hangars. An entire B-29 wing was operational 5 months after the island was first attacked!

The Seabees were the core of the post-war housing boom, because they came home and then used the same concepts to build the small, efficient houses that many of us grew up in, which were built with the same economy of scale as the air bases. The first major house project was Levittown PA, which was built by former Seabee LT William Levitt! Levittown Long Island came next. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Levitt)

3 people like this

Posted

Cheers for the history lesson ,some amazing things can be achieved when the motivation is there!

Posted

The US military in WWII was unbelievable. In the Pacific, the CB's (Seabees) would start building the base while the islands were being conquered. On Guam, Tinian and Saipan, the airbase was launching B-29's just 5 months after the first Marines went ashore. That 5 months was spent invading, mopping up, constructing the base, the runways and the port facilities for bombs and parts, and the barracks and hangars. An entire B-29 wing was operational 5 months after the island was first attacked!

The Seabees were the core of the post-war housing boom, because they came home and then used the same concepts to build the small, efficient houses that many of us grew up in, which were built with the same economy of scale as the air bases. The first major house project was Levittown PA, which was built by former Seabee LT William Levitt! Levittown Long Island came next. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Levitt)

I'm pretty sure they accomplished all the did by using all the bureaucrats they could find as fill material on their first project.......

Mark