Snow in late March

14 posts in this topic

Posted

We got a foot on snow overnight here in Reno.  That's the biggest single storm dump I've seen since I got here ten years or so ago. 

Posted

And we got absolutely nothing this winter.  My snowmobiles have been nothing but a garage ornament.

Posted

So have mine.  Our trails were open for 2 weeks.  I was able to put on 60 miles…  

Posted

I'm in western Utah right now. The storm that dumped on you hit a little north of here today. I drove through several really good snow storms today going to Salt Lake City and back. One small town at the top of a mountain saddle had 6-8 inches and was above the bases of the clouds. Pretty good for this time of year in one single storm system.

If you look in the first picture you'll see the snow, that was there at about 1:30PM. When I came back by at 7PM it was double that and I was the only car on the road. Not a single track in either direction at that same spot and about two inches on the road. That was what hadn't melted or been plowed in the most recent storm, and it is down the mountain from the town with the most snow. Last Saturday I flew a couple hours giving rides in a Cessna 172 off of a private strip in the desert with a short sleeved shirt.

IMG_2693.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

We received around 14" of snow over night here in central Wyoming and it is still coming down.  Wisconsin is going to get its share out of this one too I think.

Posted

Forecast for mostly rain here...  

Posted

Kennith, that last picture is beautiful!!! :)

Posted

We got about an inch of snow here last night.  More forecast for Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

I will take snow over pollen anytime!  Mowed my grass last week and been coughing ever since.  My flying buddy called me today and he couldn't talk more than a couple of words without coughing.   Feel like shit, so nothing getting done.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

I will take snow over pollen anytime!  Mowed my grass last week and been coughing ever since.  My flying buddy called me today and he couldn't talk more than a couple of words without coughing.   Feel like shit, so nothing getting done.   EDMO

The tree pollens are getting me a bit.  I got one word for you..    Nasacort OTC Nasal Spray.  Working pretty good so far. 

Posted

The tree pollens are getting me a bit.  I got one word for you..    Nasacort OTC Nasal Spray.  Working pretty good so far. 

Appreciate that info on the nose spray, but my lungs are full of mucus too, and that is really bad - going to try to see a pulmonologist asap.   EDMO

Posted (edited)

We got another 3"+ of that northern 'pollen'  this morning.  Low temp was 14 above.  Wind was about 25 MPH.  It'll be a while before I need to worry about getting the lawn mower going.  More snow forecast for tomorrow.   Jim Chuk

PS pic is looking out my living room window this morning

Photo05161.jpg

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

This is on the XC trails here from the last storm.

image.jpeg

Posted

We got a late spring snow here as well.  I spent 12 out of 14 days off this time at the cabin riding and carrying on like a 21 yr old.. First time in 2 years I have even been able to ride the sleds at the cabin.

Of course, no trip is complete without me having at least one good wreck... dropped off a hill into a wind blown hole and took off the handle bars and went a few rounds with the sled.. ended up on my back with it riding me instead of me riding it... good thing I had 2 back up sleds at the cabin :lol:

:BC:

20160325_082037.jpg

20160326_123051.jpg

20160326_123108.jpg

20160326_135817.jpg

20160402_004333_001.jpg

20160403_175547.jpg

20160326_140040(0).jpg

20160404_151048.jpg

20160404_154628.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg