How about some non-flying chit chat?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone else have a dog? If so post up some pictures!!! :)

This is Charlie my rescue dog. The guy (at the deer camp) was going to drop him off some where because he had showed up several days before and was causing a problem with the resident dog......

So I scooped him up. :)

20151231_095549_zpssyq3lt6i.jpg

Progress is a bit slow because he is a year old and has had no training. I just had him neutered... That killed me but he has to be a better companion.

BTW he's been sleeping with me. :rolleyes:

Posted

This was Starken. A Weimaraner. I miss him. :(

dog5_zpsf3fedc93.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Love them and they Love you - Lose them and its like Losing a child - Heartbreaking.   Lots of memories...  EDMO

Posted

Agreed ED

I pickup her cremains tomorrow...

Tika.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Sorry KFF.. my last dog was a rescue red nose pit.  He was an amazing dog that made me do things I swore I would never do for an animal.. Spent thousands on him trying to buy a bit more time with him due to cancer and various other issues.  In the end the only option was to have him put to sleep.  I have dealt with many other pets over the years but Kane by far hit me the hardest to let go.

Posted

Your Spouse or your children are far more likely to bite you than your dog.   EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry to hear that KFfan. :( Definitely part of the family.

Posted

My two Rat Terriers laying claim to some stuff I laid out for our Idaho road trip. Half sisters 3 years apart. Huge personalities!! 

image.jpeg

2 people like this

Posted

Our dog the other morning rapped up in some of my wife's rug braiding wool.

image.jpeg

2 people like this

Posted

My two Rat Terriers laying claim to some stuff I laid out for our Idaho road trip. Half sisters 3 years apart. Huge personalities!! 

Rat Terriers are the best small/mid size dogs there are.  Good looking pair.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Dog's will always love you best you know?  If you need proof, lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for six hours and then go let them out.  See which one is happier to see you.  

bheofc.jpg

Edited by Emory Bored
4 people like this

Posted

That's right Emory!!! :BC:

Posted (edited)

That reminds me of a story about my dog Molly.  She loves riding in the pickup, and will jump in anytime I give her a chance.  I was going to go for a flight, and didn't want her to walk into the prop on the plane, so I opened the door on the old plow truck and she hopped in.  Next morning I'm wondering , Where's Molly?  I eventually remembered the plow truck, and sure enough, there she was.  And happy to see me as well.  No mess in the truck either.  Another story about  Molly.  My sister in law is/ was a veterinarian, and one of her jobs was to put dogs to sleep at the animal shelter when they had to many.  When Molly was next in line for the needle, she was so friendly and loving, that Michelle ended up bringing her home instead of killing her.  I guess the moral of that story is this:  you never know when being nice to someone will pay off big time for you.  Maybe if more people lived by that idea, the world would be a better place.   Jim Chuk

PS  I also get a kick out of the way she sits sometimes.

Photo0195.jpg

IMG_3857.JPG

Edited by 1avidflyer
4 people like this

Posted

I like that last photo. My American Bull would sometimes sit like that on the couch and "watch" TV or look out the window. Someplace I have a photo of her sitting on my lap like that when she was about 6 month old.   Lou