Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flying the heavy iron pics

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Figured it was about time to upload a few more pics from the big jet. Also if you are curious what it is we are doing over here.... 60 mins got some pretty good footage that is rare the other day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/inside-the-air-war-against-isis-60-minutes/

Fighter is an F-15E Strike Eagle from the 391st Bold Tigers out of Mountain Home Idaho.

In the pic of the Flight Management System its showing 565 kts Groundspeed. First time we've had a 50kt tailwind coming home.

The graph pic is my FE job security....no computers do the CG.... we chase the charts.

10442518_10153474590119409_6451870971864173136_n.jpg

fuel panel.jpg

Cloud shot.jpg

CDU.jpg

sky pic.jpg

IMG_8563.jpg

Edited by C5Engineer
4 people like this

Posted

I took some pic like this from my Avid today [NOT] :P

Joey, you have a great job - be sure to enjoy every minute of it! :BC:

Posted

Beauty pics, Joey.  Hard to imagine flying at 565 Kts coming from the KF background.  I hope you used your #2 pencil on that SAT test sitting under your  W&B chart.

Posted

Wowie, what a view! The brass could use some of your pics for new recruit posters. 

Posted

Nothing like a free fillup to get the guys back home.   Great Photos Joey!

EDMO

Posted

Great photos Joey!  Jealous of course, and again, thanks for your service!

Mark

Posted

Beauty pics, Joey.  Hard to imagine flying at 565 Kts coming from the KF background.  I hope you used your #2 pencil on that SAT test sitting under your  W&B chart.

haha that's the structural analysis form. Fill in airspeed weight cg and altitude for various segments of the flight including what type of receivers and how long they were back there. More FE job security I guess. 

Posted

Got to love that ground speed when you are headed home.  The only time I saw anything like that was in my Q2 one day over the Granet mountains and the GPS 296 started showing the speed increasing up to 999KTS and this is not anywhere near Devils Tower!  Glad to hear you are headed home.

Posted

Very cool!!! Great pic of the F-15!!!

Posted (edited)

Figured it was about time to upload a few more pics from the big jet.

fuel panel.jpg

Cloud shot.jpg

sky pic.jpg

IMG_8563.jpg

Not unlike the panel of the  B727 I put 5k hrs in.  Thanks for the memories.  Thanks for sharing.  Nothing like flying w/a full compliment of complimentary (at least most of the time) crew working together, accomplishing a mission, solving the inevitable ops and maint probs not to mention good times - Capt, F/0 and FE like a well-oiled machine.  Those were the days.  You're fortunate in these very automated times Joey to be experiencing them.  Best-:)

ps. indeed; is that a SAT test lurking below that "job-security" chart?

Edited by allonsye