Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5000 hrs

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Well it only took me 17 years, three different airframes, and countless deployments but last night on my 219th Combat mission over the skies of Afghanistan aboard a KC-10 Extender aka Big Sexy I finally surpassed the 5000 hr mark. Feel pretty fortunate to have had the opportunity to fly all over the planet with some amazing Aviators! With all the extra office work BS they want us to do these days it's pretty tough to rack up the hrs.

post-40-0-50714600-1443292429_thumb.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Congrats Mr!  Stay safe over there!!

:BC:

Posted

Congrats Joey,

Thanks for keeping us safe too!

EdMO

Posted

Great work.

Makes me wish I would have tracked the hours in my WW2 era submarine... :handjob:

Lou

1 person likes this

Posted

Way to go, Joey! Congratulations!

Posted

Congrats Joey!

Posted

We're fortunate to have you and the rest of the crew working for us Joey, thanks. That's a lot of hours, were you awake for all of 'em? :)

Posted

That is a lot of hours Joey and a lot of sacrifice.  Thanks to all you guys from all of us sitting here in a nice safe place because of you!

2 people like this

Posted

Congrats! Big milestone. Even though you probably hear enough thank you's everyday, add one from me, too.

So many of our citizens have no idea what it means to serve. Stay safe and get home soon.

smile.png

Posted

Thanks everyone! I am truly blessed to have been able to serve and do something that after 17 years still gets me excited everyday. While there's a lot of BS with our Military rest assured when the shit hits the fan we are still the best in the world at putting warheads on foreheads. It's been pretty cool this time seeing fighters that we had just tanked an hour ago come back to us with clean wings.

1 person likes this

Posted

Congrats!!!  I was a 130 Engineer at one point.  Best job I ever had.  Wishing you many more enjoyable hours!!