Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alternatives to Plexus

9 posts in this topic

Posted

My can just ran out and plexus has gotten stupid expensive. I have a very basic plexi windshield. What sort of products are you using that are readily available? My plane needs some loving. Going to have wash and wax her soon. Cow shit is bad stuff on white fabric! I also slayed about 4 billion bugs today. My plane was coated when we got done flying today. I've never waxed my ceconite with Randolph before but that seems what everyone is doing. I've always just used soap and water but makes sense to help protect against UV. I am just going to get some of the detailer spray on and wipe it down.

Posted

Lemon Pledge for the windows.  I've used it for years.  No scratches and sheds bugs easier.

1 person likes this

Posted

What kind of wax for the fabric? I used Pledge for years on plexi with no problems.

EDMO

Posted

Thanks I had heard pledge worked just fine. Ed it sounded like Meguires was preferred on the AOPA article I read about keeping your tube and fabric airplane looking good.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have been using Plexi-Clear only slightly cheaper and I have used the Lemon Pledge also.

Posted (edited)

i have been using pledge on fabric for years, gives it a nice slippery coat, looks and smells nice too.

Edited by TJay

Posted

When I was in high school, I worked for a helicopter operator. We used lemon pledge on the heli bubbles.

Posted

Joey,

If you have some scratches and stuff, Maguires Plastic X works good! I've been using it after I get the damn paper off my old windows and it cleans them up good! I also use it on my vehicle headlights and my Jeep soft top windows! You basically wipe on and wipe off.

See ya,

Ron

Posted

Hey Joey,

I talked to the plexi expert when buying my new plexiglass. He said lemon pledge is the thing to use for cleaning. After you have used lemon pledge for a while you will start to see a hazing kind of effect, just wash with dish soap and water and it will cut the lemon pledge off because it had gotten to thick. Then reapply the pledge lightly.

For scratches he says to use Novis. I think it is used to buff out the scratches. I've never seen or used Novis before.

Ron

1 person likes this