Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bush Gear Update

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I have about 240 hrs. on the HighWing bush gear now.  After re-enforcing the fuselage everything is working well.  I have bounced it in several times without any problems and no sign of being able to bottom out the springs. :blush:  Very happy with the setup.

3 people like this

Posted

good report.  What springs are you using on it?  I am hoping to beat up my gear a bit when I get home, but 40 and raining with 35 MPH winds are in the foreseeable forecast.. hope it clears up next week and I can test out the gear and the wind generator more!

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

They are the yellow springs supplied by HighWing LLC with this gear.  I am waiting to hear your report with the springs that you are trying.

1 person likes this

Posted

well since it is 40+ and raining at the house and I no longer have snow in the front yard, I am thinking I will be going back to wheels in the next week or so and I should have some flying reports for you on the new springs.

Posted

Leni where did you find your springs, Are they primary clutch springs or something.

Posted

Leni where did you find your springs, Are they primary clutch springs or something.

It the 320# spring off a skidoo rear skid center shock.  Part number is 503190854.

The bushings I made were from poly bushings body mounts for a 68 dodge dart.