Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912 Avid guys

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone have a photo that shows how the 1" coolant hose is routed to the water pump around the exhaust and through the engine mount? I'm having a clearance issue on mine in several places.

Travis

Posted

I don't have a picture Travis but it is very tight fished thru the motor mount and the exhaust, which I wrapped and also put fire sleeve on the 1" hose where it all but touches the exhaust. I just followed the pictures in the MK IV manual.  If you don't get any pxs from others I will try to get some pictures for you.  It does work, but it looks like it should go some where else and there just isn't a good option.

Posted

This Is what I've got now. I started with the fiberglass on the exhaust and a piece of firesleve on the hose, that lasted about 10 hrs. I added the extra piece of firesleve on the exhaust and it's been on there for about 20 hrs now but their still wearing more than I'd like. I just put a bead of silicone between the two firesleve's and I'm hoping that wont cause the hose to rub on the ring mount.

I'm tempted to try having a 1" tube bent up to fit through there

post-379-0-51969800-1409615418_thumb.jpg

post-379-0-75966500-1409615430_thumb.jpg

Posted

I would be temped to get an aluminum tube bent to go in there.  Its lighter than the radiator hose anyways, but I am not a 912 guy, I am a screaming dirty 2 stroke using kinda guy :lol:

:BC:

2 people like this

Posted

That looks about how mine are routed and I have 175 hours on them and they are holding up fine.