Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The end of the Pursang

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I have spoken to Lostman and both him and his wife are okay. The investigation is still ongoing so please don't speculate about causes or the end result. The FAA is known to frequent message boards after an incident for information. Thanks for your cooperation. Joey

Posted

Thanks everyone for understand why I haven't commented up on this yet. I have more information that was given me to today by the FAA and NTSB but don't want to say much about it other than it was a $3 part that broke causing the entire problem. I feel I handled the situation as well as I could have but am sickened over the loss.

Posted

My condolences (if that's appropriate) for the loss of the plane.  You had put so much work into it.  It must be absolutely heartbreaking.

Yet, I am so happy for you and your wife that you are both alive and well to be heartbroken about the plane.

Posted

Hey Kenneth; im glad that you and your wife walked away from it....any material damage can be solved...

Posted

Glad you both are ok.  Everything else is secondary!

Mark

Posted

Kenneth,

Glad you are OK - what $3 part?  Do we all need to do an inspections on some part?

EDMO

Posted

Wow....super unfortunate. So relieved you are both OK.

Posted

Kenneth,

Glad you are OK - what $3 part?  Do we all need to do an inspections on some part?

EDMO

Ed - This won't be discussed until the feds are finished with whatever they are doing.  DIscussions on open chat boards are not appropriate.

Posted (edited)

This is what he told me that the Feds had decided.  Don't think I am telling any more than they already know.

I have been told what part, and the 2-cycle guys don't have to worry.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Sad for the loss of your plane, dude. Glad you walked and find yourself able to tell the story!

Posted

Life first, Property second .great job Ken

Posted

Great job Ken.  You took a dire situation and made the best of it, and you walked away.  Thats the most important thing.  

Posted (edited)

Lets all hope that this is NOT the end of Pursang - That is a classic, and a historical marker in the evolution of the Avid/Airdale - Ken may be able to repair it again.

Most important are the lives saved by a good pilot in a bad situation! 

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri