Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

wingx pro or foreflight

12 posts in this topic

Posted

im looking at these for my ipad and im wondering if any of you have any experience with them .  also do you have a preference and why thanks . Looped

Posted

I have ForeFlight and Garmin Pilot. Used to ForeFlight was much better, now they are pretty much equal. I don't have any experience with WingX, but I wouldn't be happy without one of them anymore.

Mark

Posted

WingX is a beautiful program. It's very fast and user friendly and I think it blows foreflight out of the water overall. I fly with another pilot that has foreflight and hes amazed at the speed and simplicity as well as the functions wingX has. I just added the Geo Reference and it opens up a whole new world of awareness.

Travis

Posted

What is geo reference?  I follow roads.....(IFR)

EDMO

Posted

Yea Ed, The Geo reference will show your position on an approach plate as your flying an approach

Posted

I need one that reads highway signs - unfortunately, most dirt roads don't have signs!  :lol:

EDMO

Posted

No reason to have signs where you are Ed, most of the drivers couldn't read them, and the ones that could would just use them for target practice!  But that pretty much describes where I am too ...  Wait, we have the school for the visually impaired here, maybe all those hole are an attempt to put braille on the signs!

Mark

2 people like this

Posted

I got a Nexus 7 which uses the android system. I put the avare aviation GPS on it. It's a free ap, and it works pretty good. And priced just right to boot. Jim Chuk.

Posted

thanks for the replys I think all of these aps will work for what im doing . jim thanks for the heads up on avare this will work and its free you cant beat that thanks, looped 

Posted (edited)

Alright - while I am trying to read all the Braile-converted signs, What is Nexus 7 , and how do you get it, and use it?  What is avare?  Do I need an I-pod / I-pad.... :huh:?

EDMO - Antique Flyer ( and not talking about the plane!)

Probably the most useful tool I have here is the road GPS that I have in my truck - and still don't know how to set anything on it.......

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

The Nexus 7 is a 7" tablet. I got mine a month ago on eBay for $150

with free shipping. It's a2012 model, 32 GB, has a bright screen that u can see in daylight. It was the tablet avare recommended. It uses the android operating system which is different than what an iPad uses. It can go on the internet, in fact I'm typing this message on mine now but you need WiFi to do it. Jim Chuk

Posted

Thanks Jim,

That makes sense - even for an antique!

EDMO