Check is in the mail

TreeTopAirways

Robin Floyd

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you sir

:BC:

Posted

Hey everybody...It is a New Year and Leni sure has done a great job keeping this site going! Please send him a donation via PayPal in appreciation for his help if you can.

Thanks for everything Leni! This site is full of great information and has kept me inspired throughout my project! I sent you some green. Let me clarify, I sent you some money (Green probably means something else here in Colorado! Ha!)

Thanks,

Ron

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the reminder, Ron.  A few more bux on their way to AK now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot, that is very much appreciated.  That should pretty much take care of the new update that just came out :BC: 

Ron... :lmao:  That was funny right there, I don't care who ya are :lol:   It means something different here in AK too.

:BC:  :BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Ron
Av8r_Sed
Luke D.
Bandit
TreetopAirways
EdinMo
Av8r3400
JackAK
Suberavid
Allonsye

thebriman

Avid Stol HH

dav8or

Wolverine

Logtrucker

Nukapoint

JimChuk

Dholly

If I missed anyone, please let me know who you are.  I have a couple mystery guys that did not include their user name and I cant find them in the members list by the name that I have from the checks.  You guys rock and I don't want to leave your name out!

Thanks guys for the 2015 contributions to keep the lights on, its much appreciated. You guys rock!

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys are blowing me away. The level of support so far this year is amazing! Thanks for helping to make this the most open, easy to hang out on avid / kitfox site on the net. I strive to make it easy to use, easy to post to, and keep your attachments unlimited. You guys are making it a lot easier to pay the server bills and licensing / updates for software and security to hopefully keep the hackasses at bay :lol:

Thanks guys! :BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Leni,

I just sent some money your way via PayPal.  Thanks for another year of keeping this forum up and running!  

For those of you who haven't donated any money this year but want to, the details of how to send money are above in this thread.  I strongly urge those who frequent this forum to donate yearly to help Leni bear the costs of this site.  The small sum I sent Leni is nothing compared to the information I've obtained on this site.  I know I'd rather pay nothing but then again I'd rather this forum stay online.  Nothing is free.  Thanks again Leni for your time and effort! 

2 people like this

Posted

Thank you sir, its much appreciated.

Posted

Leni,

I just sent some money your way via PayPal.  Thanks for another year of keeping this forum up and running!  

For those of you who haven't donated any money this year but want to, the details of how to send money are above in this thread.  I strongly urge those who frequent this forum to donate yearly to help Leni bear the costs of this site.  The small sum I sent Leni is nothing compared to the information I've obtained on this site.  I know I'd rather pay nothing but then again I'd rather this forum stay online.  Nothing is free.  Thanks again Leni for your time and effort! 

I was hoping that out of about 1029 members, that there would be more supporters to keep the site going.

My Thanks to all of you who sent a few bucks to help Leni. Most of us have benefitted from it.

This site ROCKS - Thanks to all of YOU!

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

The list is growing, thanks guys for helping to support the site.  One day I might break even on the $$ I have put into the site :lmao:

On a serious note, I don't do this site for $$ or expect too much in return, I just want to provide "the hangout" for us avid, kitfox, Merlin and various other type aircraft derelicts that choose to spend our money and time flying these awesome planes instead of being totally "responsible" individuals that hide under our beds hoping the ceiling tiles don't fall on us and harm us in any way shape form or fashion :lol:

Posted

Leni you need to add Merlin to the derelicts list now.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jeff, do you want you own category or just stick with the "others" :lol:

I can change your screen name for you too if you want :lmao: 

I edited the derelicts statement :lol:

Posted

updated the list.  The group is growing, thanks guys, it is much appreciated!  I am actually getting close to breaking even what the last hack attack and round of upgrades cost me :lol:

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot, that is very much appreciated.  That should pretty much take care of the new update that just came out

Ron...  That was funny right there, I don't care who ya are    It means something different here in AK too.

It means something a WHOLE lot different, as of 2/24/2015!

Edited by KFfan

Posted

I apologize. I thought Ed in MO was operating this from the goodness of his heart.

I just put my tax refund check in the snail mail.

SS check wasn't LARGE enough.... :blush:

Posted

I apologize. I thought Ed in MO was operating this from the goodness of his heart.

No worries! I do run it out of the goodness of my heart but I'm not Ed.. running it and paying for means something entirely different though :lol: I went for years paying for the site with no contributing members. After several hack attacks, server changes, security adds, etc the costs were getting stupid. I went from 6.95 a year for hosting to several hundred bucks just for the hosting in order to give you guys unlimited uploads etc. Other site keep costs down by having you upload pics to a site like photo bucket, then you link those pics to the site. It's a pain in the ass and I would rather pay the costs to be able to upload and store the pics right to this site. Over the last 2 yrs you guys have stepped up and helped to shoulder those costs. It's appreciated that you guys feel you get enough put of the site to help pay the costs. It also gives you a voice on a direction for the site. If you have any gripes or a list of wants drop me a note!

Posted

Hey Leni,

There are several sites I visit that require the external image hosting account. Not only is it a pain, but half the time when you go back to old posts, you find dead images. It's nice that we don't loose images here. Hopefully our contributions will get to the point that we cover those costs for you. I've already gotten a lot of information from this site I wouldn't have gotten anywhere else.

Thanks again,

Luke D.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks mr! I try to keep it easy to use and open... as in no moderating. I'm still amazed that on a site that brags about not moderating anything, our members have self moderated and I have not had to smack a single member around yet.. but other sites are moderating with a heavy hand. Dang, a good heated argument here every once in awhile would be nice.. keeps the heart pumping and the blood flowing :lmao:

Again guys, thanks for being civil and helping to make this the best site around!

Posted (edited)

I will be watching for the check in the mail - Might even share it with AkFlyer, the real hero and owner of this site!

I'm just the old retired fart that writes too much! :lol: I crash my computer if I do more than turn it on!

I think I just broke 3000 posts in 3 years! Nope, just #2999 !!!

Maybe I should change my name and start all over, so I don't get blamed for stupid posts!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Mmmm. Minty.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Mmmm. Minty.

Thanks Larry - Hope that is some sort of sign that a Veteran of the TKF site can tolerate me!

EDMO - 3000!

Edited by Ed In Missouri
2 people like this

Posted

Hey guys,  I have a 2015 contributing members list going on page 2 of this thread.  If you sent me a check or paypal and you are not listed, please let me know who you are.  I have a couple mystery contributors that did not give their usernames that I cant find in the data base and I dont want you to feel slighted that you dont have access to the super secret contributing members bat cave where we can kick around ideas or post up things you would like to see on the site, or a direction you may want the site to go.  You, the supporting members have stepped up and helped the site so I want you to have a say in how we do things round these here parts...

Try getting some say on other sites or making suggestions about how the site could be better run and see how far that will get ya!  I can tell ya right now that will get ya banned and then you will have to be dumb like me and start your own site :lmao:

Posted

Yeah I was kinda pissed you cashed my $500 check and never even sent a thank you! :lol:

Hey guys,  I have a 2015 contributing members list going on page 2 of this thread.  If you sent me a check or paypal and you are not listed, please let me know who you are.  I have a couple mystery contributors that did not give their usernames that I cant find in the data base  <snip> :lmao:

1 person likes this