Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

need a flaperon

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm adding the wing extensions to a speedwing and I'm in need of two 3' pieces of flap and a few hinges.

Posted

Needing Flaperon? Don't know if I have two scraps left or only one about four feet long. Will check later today. maybe a hinge or two?"? Why are you slowing it down? more lift? weight? Catch you later. CST Ed im Missouri

Posted

I'm adding the wing extensions to a speedwing and I'm in need of two 3' pieces of flap and a few hinges.

I have two pieces of flaperon. one is about 4 feet long and the other is a little shorter. BUT - Speedwing is model 4? Mine are the early type with the flat bottom - not symetrical - think there are 3 or 4 hangers total, but question if hangers and cutouts will be in the places you need them. They are not hard to make - and you can use blind rivets - just have the tails on the top, so they don't scrape your scalp! Ed

Posted

I added wing extention to my speedwing i just moved the flaperons out and added tube to make up the space and built the inboard hinges flys great.

Posted

No need to extend them. I've seen a few described like above.

Posted

No need to extend them. I've seen a few described like above.

FWIW, the Avid Magnum uses essentially the same wing as the MKIV, but the wing is extended to a 33 ft wingspan. The flapperons remain exactly the same length as the MKIV and also remain inboard with their original positions. So essentially the wingtip is extended with no flapperon extensions.

Chris Bolkan

Posted

i would try to keep them as they are, then try to fly on calm wind day and see if roll rate is good enouth.

moving flaps out will add more adverse yaw and drag, taking time and money for nothing imo.

Posted

Birddog, I shipped your parts today. Hope they help. You are supposed to get them Tuesday UPS. Shipping cost is on label.

I mistakenly sent an email to Highcountry thinking he was you, but got that straightened out, I hope. Shipping cost is on Label.

Ed in MO