Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AMC..Air Mobility Command? Nope Another Missed Christmas

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I fall under AMC with the location and mission that we do with the C5. We like to joke it stands for Another Missed Christmas. I'm currently in Europe hanging out in the snow. It was nasty here this morning. De-icing a plane the size of my hometown takes a long time especially when it's accumulating fast. Since were going to be gone over the holidays away from home we decided to decorate a little bit to try and stay cheery. The guys I fly with are my other family. It's the little things sometimes to keep you motivated. Cherish those moments with your kids and family this Holiday Season. There's a whole bunch of guys out here that are wishing they could be home.

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3663-1.jpg

IMG_3667-2.jpg

IMG_3669-1.jpg

IMG_3676-1.jpg

Posted (edited)

Joey, I'm sorry to hear you're missing out again.

Please wish both of your families a Merry Christmas and a joyful New Year from us here at home and let them know that there are a lot of us useless civies that really do appreciate what you guys are doing and sacrificing for us!

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

Joey, Have a Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year. I know what it is like having spent 3 1/2 years in Germany. USAF. Russ.

I fall under AMC with the location and mission that we do with the C5. We like to joke it stands for Another Missed Christmas. I'm currently in Europe hanging out in the snow. It was nasty here this morning. De-icing a plane the size of my hometown takes a long time especially when it's accumulating fast. Since were going to be gone over the holidays away from home we decided to decorate a little bit to try and stay cheery. The guys I fly with are my other family. It's the little things sometimes to keep you motivated. Cherish those moments with your kids and family this Holiday Season. There's a whole bunch of guys out here that are wishing they could be home.

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3663-1.jpg

IMG_3667-2.jpg

IMG_3669-1.jpg

IMG_3676-1.jpg

Posted

I know how bad it sucks to be away from home and family for the holidays, ESPECIALLY with young ones at home. I did it for many years, but not for as noble of reasons you guys have. I was just working, not serving my country! My deepest thanks to you guys for doing what you do, those who have, are and will be serving in the future!

Nice new decor in the bird Joey! :lol:

:BC:

Posted

Merry Christmas Joey! How long is this deployment?

Chris Bolkan

Posted (edited)

Merry Christmas Joey! How long is this deployment?

Chris Bolkan

Merry Christmas Joey and everyone all the best In the new years, looks like you'll have no problem tracking santa with all them instruments :beerchug:

Hi Chris , I am the avid builder you sent that cowl too ,thanks again and Merry Christmas

Edited by Marshawk

Posted

Merry Christmas Joey and everyone all the best In the new years, looks like you'll have no problem tracking santa with all them instruments :beerchug:

Hi Chris , I am the avid builder you sent that cowl too ,thanks again and Merry Christmas

Joey

No wonder you did not answer my call today.

Now that I have all the temperatures where they need to be, I hooked up the HACman and looking forward to getting the results you did.

I went back and read the HAC posts that you and Mark Napier entered regarding the HAC and found them useful.

Have you tried the Autozone restrictor that Mark mentioned to increase the EGT adjustment range.

I assume that means the HAC controller requires more turns to adjust the EGT.

If so that seems to be a good thing.

I installed a spare used Kitfox radiator today and the water temps went down from 195 to 160 degrees F..

I was told not to do a high RPM run up on this 582 Bluehead until I see at least 150 degrees.

I am having a hard time getting it to 145 degrees.

Is this the nature of the bluehead?

Looks like your C-5 got a new engine and the photos are a reminder of how big they are.

Thanks for SERVING for us.

Herman

Posted

Thanks Joey, my Holiday Blessings and Cheer to you and the crew this Christmas. You guys are a role model for us all and help keep our own difficulties in perspective. Your office looks great this year!