Kitfox IV Standard Gear for sale

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Kitfox IV standard gear for sale.  $250 plus shipping.  

Posted

Hi Kent,

Do you still have these for sale?

Thanks.

Posted

Yes.  Can get some pictures when I'm at the hangar tomorrow if you like.

Posted

Hello.  I seem to have misplaced a message from someone that wanted to buy the gear.  Please let me know if that was you.  Thanks, 

Kent

Posted

I asked if they were still available. Thanks.

Posted

Yes

Posted

I'm curious if these would work on an Avid Flyer? I suppose if the attachment point width were the same on both airplanes they might work? I'm still looking for a standard gear to replace the tricycle gear on my Avid Flyer.

The newer Kitfox are wider inside but I have no idea if the attachment points were widened out as well.

Posted

Hi Cloud Dancer.  You didn't write books about flying in AK by chance?  Decent chance they may work.  If you can send me the dimensions of the mounting points I'll be happy to measure the gear next time I'm at the hangar.  I have an Avid project I'm selling.  Half inclined to keep it as so many things would interchange with my Kitfox IV.

Posted

Would you ship to Canada? I have purchased a set from the US awhile back, worked out well. 

Posted

The Kitfox gear should bolt onto the Avid attachment points.  Same dimensions.  I tried to put some Avid Flyer gear on a Kitfox 1 once, and the 1/2" brace tubing was in the way of where the bungee fit over the seat truss.  Kitfox on an Avid would probably have cleared in that area.  Here is a picture of where we put my spare Avid gear on a tricycle geared Kitfox 4 so it would fit on my taildragger style trailer when we hauled it home.  It was tied together at the axels so bungees were never used.  Once we got it home and the repairs were done, we put the nose dragger grove gear back on.  JImChuk

20220721_005413.jpg

20220721_165559.jpg

20221007_150509.jpg

Posted

I can make them but these would save time. :rolleyes: Actually I'd like to remodel them to accept shocks for the next plane. My scratch built Avid has the Kitfox standard gear and the 582 motor mount, the only items I cheated on. 

Posted

I think but am not positive that the KF TW main gear does not sweep forward like the Avid TW main gear. I seem to remember that the gear attach points are further forward on the KF than on the Avid fuselage. (But I DO NOT know for sure and have very little experience with kitfoxes) At the very least double check. Or maybe someone here knows for sure.