Kitfox flaperon position question

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hoping someone with a Kitfox 4 or later can provide some dimensions. I am building a Kitfox(ish) wing for my C model Avid and feel the position of the flaperon is critical for proper control response. I have attached a drawing with 4 dimensions for the position of the flaperon relative to the trailing edge of the wing. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Trailing edge to Flaperon.pdf

Posted (edited)

I snapped this picture today of my Kitfox 4 flaperon hanger.  Maybe that will give you the info you are looking for.  I believe that Avid flaperon is a good bit lower.  JImChuk

20240128_142843.jpg

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

Thank you Jim. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. This picture helps a lot.

Posted

Do all the later Kitfoxes have an upper and lower 2pc bracket like this?

Posted

the two piece one is the original type.  Kitfox changed to a steel one that is just on the top.  

Posted

Got it - Thank you Sir! I thought I had seen them only on top but wasn't sure after seeing your picture.

Posted

TJay Larson has a youtube video where he shows making new kitfox hangars I believe.  He converted his Kitfox 1 to Kitfox 4 style wings.  

Posted

I've watched most of TJay's videos. Very well done and a talented guy. The way he made his new wing ribs is almost exactly how I set up to do mine. I have access to a laser so making the hangars is no problem. Just trying to get the orientation right so I don't have any weird handling issues. 

Posted (edited)

the two piece one is the original type.  Kitfox changed to a steel one that is just on the top.  

There is also a matched pair of pieces inside the wing on the web of the rib and under the cap strip to reinforce these brackets.

I converted to the new style hangers when I rebuilt the Mangy.

Edited by Av8r3400
1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry for the spammer, I remove them as quickly as possible

2 people like this