Duc propeller

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anybody flying behind a Duc prop?  I have the means to purchase one for myself at wholesale but haven’t pulled the trigger, seems like all of the quality props claim super performance but all end up about the same.

Flying behind a Warp Drive with no complaints at present.  Price wise NR seems hard to beat just a bit of a hassle with ordering. 2 vs 3 blade thoughts?

Edited by wypaul

Posted

I was helping a friend of mine order an NR prop, and I had a hard time getting a response from him, so ended up ordering it from Meglin Propellers and fans for everyone - Home (mozello.com)  He has it on a Kitfox 4 with 912 ULS.   They are the same props as NR sells.  He just got a few flights with it, and now is snowed in so he hasn't really had a chance to test it much.  I'm running a 2 blade NR on my Kitfox 4 with 80 HP 912, and I like it.  Have one on the new Kitfox 4 build as well, but it's not flying yet.  JImChuk

Posted

My NR has treated me well, no complaints.  The performance is not as good at my 78x48 Prince down low, but better top end.

I've spoken with a couple guys at OSH who love their DUC propellers.  One guy had a constant speed version and had nothing but praise for it's performance.

Posted

Thanks for the replies guys. A friend has a three blade hub (Duc) coming and I can give his a try so I guess I’ll see how that goes. He tried the four blade and didn’t care for that so he’ll have an extra blade anyway.