Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gas’s springs for door closures

8 posts in this topic

Posted

just received a quote from McMasters, UNBELIEVABLY, worlds going to hell in a handbasket

IMG_1062.jpeg

Posted

just for fun, plug in shipping to 99669.  Bet you really get a shock, no pun intended.

Posted

The 4130 tubing is the one that gets me going. 3/8 inch .035 wall... like seriously?Last I looked it was pushing $10/foot..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wicks has some  for way less.  Thicker wall though.  Look at the 3/8" and 7/16".  $.50 a foot for some of it.  JImChuk

4130 Chromoly Round Tubing (wicksaircraft.com)

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

I have looked at the wicks steel that is $.50 foot. It all has a C on the end of the part number, which designates it as being of chinese manufacture. Have you ever worked with it or handled it? Would be interesting to hear opinions of someone that has worked with it or seen it. I remember hearing a number of years ago some less then flattering opinions on it. 

Posted

I bought some a few years ago, and it worked ok for what I was doing with it.  Non structural parts though.  I can't say if it's good or bad other than it did what I needed it to do.  JImChuk

Posted

The 4130 tubing is the one that gets me going. 3/8 inch .035 wall... like seriously?Last I looked it was pushing $10/foot..

and the smaller diameters being more per foot than the larger ones just doesn't make sense to me.  I get the more popular sizes sell more etc. but when 3/8" of the same wall thickness is more than 3/4" its mind boggling.  How can more material be less?