Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New member - looking to learn!

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone!

I just joined the forum after browsing as guest for a little while. I'm currently only 17, having passed my PPL checkride a few months ago. I did all of my training on a 160hp Citabria, and have fallen in love with tailwheel flying and off-airport operations (to that end I'm a bit restricted while renting though!).

As one might imagine, I don't own an Avid or Kitfox yet, but I'm looking to learn as much as I can about building, maintaining and flying them. Depending on university acceptance and my own decisions on that front, purchasing an Avid or earlier Kitfox may even be on the cards in the near future!

This forum has such a wealth of knowledge just from what I've seen already, and I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone here!

Posted

Welcome to the group.  Sadly, most of the members seem to have migrated to places like facebook, but this forum is far, far better for leaning about Avids and early Kitfoxes than anywhere else.  The search box will yield a treasure trove of information.  Congratulations on passing the check ride at such an early age.  Feel free to ask questions, a few of us old diehards are still around and will try to help.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

There's enough reading material and good educational information to keep your brain fed for a while.

I'll say that www.teamkitfox.com also is a good resource for the general type of aircraft too.

2 people like this

Posted

Welcome to the flock. Farcebook has killed a LOT of forums. I once belonged to a very good local horse riding forum. It faded into oblivion.....

Posted

Thank you everyone! I've already learned a ton just by reading all of the threads on here, so many cool projects! 

I'll say that www.teamkitfox.com also is a good resource for the general type of aircraft too.

Yeah I signed up there too, glad to see that Facebook hasn't totally consumed either forum!

1 person likes this