Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Idaho Bound!

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Leaving Nut Tree on Monday night. Direct Amador County in Jackson, CA. Spending the night with a buddy. Leaving first light on Tuesday morning. Direct Blue Canyon, Nyack, Sierraville for the Sierra Crossing at 9500ft. Fuel stop in Denio Junction, Nevada. Direct Homedale, Idaho then top off in McCall Idaho then on into Johnson Creek (3U2) for a week of flying and camping with the Avid. Sure hope we get the weather we had last year.

Link to my Spot page if you want to follow us online

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0FpKLJrmMEs3TGFMoLCkqM7NvqdpbBW1i

This will update my position every 10 minutes on Tuesday while were enroute.

Johnson Creek

IMG_0339.jpg

Nice video of last years trip

Posted

Headed out myself tomorrow to Johnson Creek for the SuperCub Fly-in this weekend. We'll be drooling over the planes and doing a bit of flying around the vicinity before heading back Sunday. Should be fun! Have a great trip!

Chris Bolkan

Posted

Headed out myself tomorrow to Johnson Creek for the SuperCub Fly-in this weekend. We'll be drooling over the planes and doing a bit of flying around the vicinity before heading back Sunday. Should be fun! Have a great trip!

Chris Bolkan

You coming back for the Backcoutrypilot.org fly-in the following weekend? Keep your eyes peeled going in there it's one if the years busiest weekends. Last year there were over a 100 cubs on the ground. Have fun!

Posted

You two have no idea how jealous I am as I sit in my office a few miles away from the Arctic Ocean dreaming about this trip. Looking at pictures of my plane on the wall when it had an engine in it does not help much! Both you guys fly safe and have a blast. Dont forget to post up lots of pics and vids when you get back!!!

:BC:

Posted

Joey the weather right now is crap up here but its supposed to get nice the first of the week,It might hit 80 degrees by Monday in Coeurdalene and Spokane,it will be the first time this year.Enjoy your trip and watch out for Elk and deer on runway,still lots of snow in high country. Randy

Posted

You coming back for the Backcoutrypilot.org fly-in the following weekend? Keep your eyes peeled going in there it's one if the years busiest weekends. Last year there were over a 100 cubs on the ground. Have fun!

No, our local Richland Fly-in is next weekend and I will be helping out with that. Weather looks good for getting to Johnson Creek today (~180 mile flight) but looks like more of the same crap weather we've had all spring coming this weekend. We're hoping for the best. I don't like getting stuck. Well, getting stuck in paradise can be fun in and of itself, but I have to pay the piper when it comes to missed work! :-)

Chris

Posted

No, our local Richland Fly-in is next weekend and I will be helping out with that. Weather looks good for getting to Johnson Creek today (~180 mile flight) but looks like more of the same crap weather we've had all spring coming this weekend. We're hoping for the best. I don't like getting stuck. Well, getting stuck in paradise can be fun in and of itself, but I have to pay the piper when it comes to missed work! undecided.gif)

Chris

Good thing the global warming is in full effect and making it a hot dry paradise everywhere huh handjob.gif:lol:

I hear ya on paying the piper!!!

Posted

Good thing the global warming is in full effect and making it a hot dry paradise everywhere huh handjob.gif:lol:

I hear ya on paying the piper!!!

Ya Global Warming...Here was Johnson Creek on the webcam on June 9th

snow%252520jc%252520june%2525209.jpg

Posted

Have a great trip and post lots of pics. I have that one on my bucket list for one of these days. Meanwhile I will have to suffer here in AK; it's not to bad though; last weekend I flew out and caught a 25lb and 30lb King but could only keep one (those F&G ruleshammerhead.gif ). Caught two reds in the same spot today, temps in the 70's, not bad. If I didn't like winter so much I could handle more of this. drool3.gif Hope everyone has a great summer flying!