Avid manufacturer

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone know what happened to all the manufacturing dies molds etc after Mark Mendick closed Avid Kitplanes? Is anyone thinking of picking up the gauntlet and running with it?

Posted

Brett in Rhinelander Wi had all the stuff yet a couple of years ago.  Don't know if he still has it or not.... The fiberglass molds were not Avids.  A guy in Mt did the fiberglass stuff, but he sold the molds to a guy in Mn a couple of years ago.   I do know the people in Iowa were trying to buy them from him.   JImChuk

Posted

Brett in Rhinelander Wi had all the stuff yet a couple of years ago.  Don't know if he still has it or not.... The fiberglass molds were not Avids.  A guy in Mt did the fiberglass stuff, but he sold the molds to a guy in Mn a couple of years ago.   I do know the people in Iowa were trying to buy them from him.   JImChuk

Brett has the "Airdale" equipment which included some copies and modifications off of the Avid jigs.  He still has this equipment.

1 person likes this

Posted

I may want to reach out to the fiberglass guy. Do you know his/her contact?

Posted

Sent you a text.