Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mixing paint

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure if this is a technical task or not, but I discovered something this evening that worked real good.  Had about 1 1/4" of poly spray in a can that has sat for a while and of course it's settled a fair amount.  I had a lightbulb go off in my head, and I thought about a spay can with the marble in it.  Dropped in 5 or 6 clean 1/2" nuts, and swirled the can around for a bit, shook it some as well.  That really worked good for mixing up that small amount of poly spray.  Ended up doing it with the poly tone as well with excellent results.  I used up everything in the can and so I dumped in a bit of thinner, mixed it up good, and dumped it into another can with a bunch of poly spray in it, and the can and nuts were clean.  My tip of the day.  Maybe old new news to some, but it does work.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

Also when u have paint, primer, epoxy primers, ect, that u mix and that flash off, u can make them last for weeks if u cover the can with a disposable rubber glove, or surrane wrap and rubber band to seal up the can, then u can put it in the freezer and it will keep a longtime, but dont do that in a fridge/freezer u care about, eventualy it will smell like paint.  Hahahahaaaa

Edited by Buckchop