Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

We have a Celebrity

10 posts in this topic

Posted

amazing how it is positive and technical article, if it is a general info news paper, you are lucky to have reporters realy interested in their subjects. Here in france and from info news, the questions would certainly ending by : it is risky to fly homebuilt plane ? xx kills last year in ultralights, do you fell safe?

btw it normal when they go on airplaces only when a plane crashed :flamegun:

:beerchug:

Posted

amazing how it is positive and technical article, if it is a general info news paper, you are lucky to have reporters realy interested in their subjects. Here in france and from info news, the questions would certainly ending by : it is risky to fly homebuilt plane ? xx kills last year in ultralights, do you fell safe?

btw it normal when they go on airplaces only when a plane crashed flamegun.gif

beerchug.gif

I had not thought about it that way, but you are right! most times when you read about an aircraft, especialy a home built, it is only when they crash, and all the bad statistics are thrown out for the world to see. It is very cool to have a positive arcticle in the newspaper in this day and age let alone, one about airplanes!

:BC:

Posted

--cough--<1320>--cough-- ;)

Posted

--cough--<1320>--cough-- ;)

hahahahahaha.. I was wondering who the first one was gonna be that picked up on that :lol:

Posted

rolleyes.gif Looking for that red faced guy. Man, Rob did that quick! He just talked to me last weekend. It helps a lot that he is a pilot himself, one of the EAA chapter 42 members and is building a Petenpol with a Corvair planned for it. I had not seen the article so thanks for linking it Leni. I must say, I was not expecting it to be about me.

What; you don't believe 1320lbs GW? dunno.gif

Posted

What; you don't believe 1320lbs GW? dunno.gif

Haha, you already know what I think. Just stirrin' up the pot a titch! :stirthepot:

But you still have to buy the beer. :beerchug:

Posted

Doug, I think your reasoning and modifications are very good. I plan to build another set of wings for my Avid+ at some point and will be using your changes. That said, you have to put something on the W&B sheets that are part of the inspection paperwork and what you carry with you in case you are ramp checked and I don't plan to re-register my plane when I put new wings on it.

Jack did some investigation of Avid wing testing and found it had a very high safety factor when loaded to the point of failure. A person has to keep in mind that any loading beyond the original published GW will reduce the factor of safety and the pos and neg G rating.

Posted

Haha, you already know what I think. Just stirrin' up the pot a titch! stirthepot.gif

But you still have to buy the beer. beerchug.gif

HAHAHAHA, you know, the 1320 "gross weight" is what founded this site :lol: True story.. The mods over at another site did not like to have the 1320 discussion and banned a few of us from there for bring it up now and again. So I started this site.

Now it is a running joke between a few of us and a fun lil hive to kick every once in awhile on the "other" sites.

On one of the snowmachine forums I hang out at, there were a hand full of us that got banned (seems to be a pattern here huh) So we started up our own. Every once in awhile we all log on and go on a "field trip" and bombard the 2 sites we were banned from.. Great fun when you have a few drinks and are using proxy servers to go screw with the mods a lil bit.

Posted

Leni- I remember all that like it was yesterday, and it's a big part of why I spend time here.

Randy- just breaking your balz. And I might do what you're doing bassackwards, make up some new (longer) struts and bolt my KF3 wings on my 1320 Avid+. Just need to keep the load down 170lbs or so... :)