Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Deer vs 206

4 posts in this topic

Posted

A friend of mine came in just before dark a couple nights ago in a 206. He was training the owner of the plane,soon as they touched down a deer ran right in front of them and it all went downhill from there.Caved in the front gear and motormount,wiped out wing tip and ripped tail almost off.I see what they mean when they call them sardine cans,the deer was a fawn with spots still on it and it did all that damage.Luckily no one was hurt except their pride.Randy

post-104-12825172627876_thumb.jpg

post-104-12825172867562_thumb.jpg

post-104-12825173107805_thumb.jpg

Posted

A friend of mine came in just before dark a couple nights ago in a 206. He was training the owner of the plane,soon as they touched down a deer ran right in front of them and it all went downhill from there.Caved in the front gear and motormount,wiped out wing tip and ripped tail almost off.I see what they mean when they call them sardine cans,the deer was a fawn with spots still on it and it did all that damage.Luckily no one was hurt except their pride.Randy

Hopefully the back strap wasn't too torn up!!!

Posted

There was a similar incident in this neighborhood between a deer and a 210. The deer actually hit the plane in the tail with no damage forward of the h-stab. However the h-stab and elevator was mostly torn off on one side. The pilot was on roll-out after landing in the evening on a grass strip...

Posted

That's gonna leave a mark!

In every wreck I have been involved with, the tube and fabric planes fared much better than the spam cans. But I would probably attribute most of that to the fact that the tube and fabric planes were also flying much slower at the moment of impact.

:BC: