Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel Valve?

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I ran some fuel through the system and discovered I have a leak, took this valve apart and there is a bad spot from factory machining causing fuel to leak from the inside out, Do any of you remember where you can buy this valve, I have looked all over on the internet with no luck, These came with the plane, guessing they were popular in the 90's, Direct replacement is what I would like to find, Thanks,

100_1112.JPG

100_1111.JPG

Edited by TJay

Posted

TJay,  I may have one or two of those little valves - I guess you are talking about the one that was usually mounted under the IP - The weather is kind of shitty here, but as soon as it clears, I will go look for it.   I don't know if you can buy new ones from Kitfox or wherever.  EDMO

Posted

Sorry don't know why I forgot to add the photos the first time around, Must be getting old here.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've aways used the snowmobile type valves.  They seem to flow plenty of fuel, and they are fairly cheap.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

I rebuilt one of those on my old plane, new o-rings.  I couldn't replace it because it was mounted via the small holes in the body to a plate.

Given the option, I would go with a metal ball type valve instead.  It would be an easy and inexpensive refit.  I wasn't impressed with the design or as you say the quality of the manufacture of these with their plastic core.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

TJay,  Is this what you are wanting?  If so, PM your address to me again and it will be in the mail tomorrow.  EDMO

IMG_1659.JPG

Posted

TJay,  Is this what you are wanting?  If so, PM your address to me again and it will be in the mail tomorrow.  EDMO

IMG_1659.JPG

No scroll back up to the top I added some photos

Posted

The one I showed was standard Kitfox issue - they were on the Kitfox 1,2,3.   Donno where yours came from - Maybe ask Jim?  I bought some other types for mine, like Leni used.  May have it pictured somewhere.  What size hose are you using?   This one looks like 1/4 ID.    EDMO

Posted

1/4 inch Yeah that's the issue with those, I'm using 5/16 hose may take Larry's advice and use a ball valve I have a few new ones laying around here, I got some with the yellow handles and some with the red. Not sure if they all work for fuel or not.

Posted (edited)

I got some inline BALLvalves for 3/8 hose - think they were probably snowgo.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO