Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB Kitfox Skystar fuel cap seals

5 posts in this topic

Posted

If anyone has an extra set of the metal kitfox fuel cap seals, Im in need of a set. Thats the blade style metal caps! Thanks! 

Posted (edited)

If anyone has an extra set of the metal kitfox fuel cap seals, Im in need of a set. Thats the blade style metal caps! Thanks! 

They were $22 each the last time I bought them from Kitfox and they have the tubes on them.  They fit old tanks.  Not blade style.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

If you just need seals and don't want to buy the expensive  mercedes-benz seals you can go on line and buy Viton Rubber any thickness, I bought a 6x6 piece and made 4 of them, I bought the 1/8 thick stuff so my fuel caps would be a little higher so they don't rub the fabric, If you don't have that issue 1/16 is fine,

Posted

Thanks Ed & TJay, I didnt know where to buy them. I did look at the Kitfox cat. But none where listed.  Ive tryed useing cork to make them, but they broke when I tried to pull them over the blade on the cap. I wasn't sure what material to use. The last thing I wanted was a leak on my new paint. Thanks again! Happy Thanks giving!!! 

Posted

Otherwise just google this number 140-471-00-79 and they will up all over. Even follow you around for the next week,

1 person likes this