Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wind In Cabin

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Avid and Kitfox fans.  I am looking for ideas and pictures of the cleanest method to get rid of wind coming in around where the wing mounts against fuselage.  The cold Alaska air on the back of my neck is dreadful.  Looking for pictures so I can see what you did.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Hello Avid and Kitfox fans.  I am looking for ideas and pictures of the cleanest method to get rid of wind coming in around where the wing mounts against fuselage.  The cold Alaska air on the back of my neck is dreadful.  Looking for pictures so I can see what you did.

Thanks

I don't have any photos right now, but my Kitfox 2 and KF3 builders used the same fabric as on the wings to close out the rear spar openings, leaving enough room for the spar to be attached, and fold, and the lines to go thru but sealed around them.   Looked like the KF3 builder also used some spray foam between two layers of cloth to make it stiffer.  The fabric was painted the same as the rest of the plane. 

Fur cap and wool scarf helps too!    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

a little aluminum tape works well.  on mine its the seal around the doors that lets all the air in.. on the -30 days I have been known to duct tape myself in the plane :lol:  I have been thinking about making new doors one of these days that I can seal up much better and cleaner.

:BC:

Posted

I see alot of men walking around with a Scarf around there neck these days, I don't of coarse, but I think you can wear a scarf these days to keep your neck warm and not be considered Gay  hehe, :P

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hooded sweatshirt under your coat is awesome for keeping your neck warm.  

A lot less:

1774016-freddie.gif

Edited by Av8r3400
2 people like this

Posted

Aerotrek guys use a piece of thin plastic cut from a milk jug to cover the flaperon horn hole.

image.thumb.png.cfe2be874719b95e0002df2f