Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hello?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm starting to hear crickets around here again.

Where is everyone?? :lam:

Posted

Probably too busy flying and having fun "tis the season" yep the season that puts a dent in my lesson and building time, can't cover at 15 degrees in an unheated garage and "presents" have taken my flight capital

Posted

Leni and Mark flew off into 37--40 inches of powder, I'm sure there will

be some good vidio when they return

Their up around Skwentna, @ 75 miles NWest of Anchorage

Haven't had a "Spot" alert so they must be good.

Posted

Leni and Mark flew off into 37--40 inches of powder, I'm sure there will

be some good vidio when they return

Their up around Skwentna, @ 75 miles NWest of Anchorage

Haven't had a "Spot" alert so they must be good.

I am back from the trip.. was good flying most of the time, but the trip up sucked when I got separated from Mark in a snow storm and his radio was on the fritz (ended up being a loose antenna wire). I ended up making the cabin the first night, but Mark had to set down on the river about 20 miles from the cabin and spend the night at a lodge. Weather cleared up the next morning and he made it to the cabin. Spent 3 days burning lots of expensive gas, having waaaayyy to many toddies at the Cabin and lodge down the lake.

Hopefully the pics and vids came out so when I get done downloading them I will edit and post the up.

:BC:

Posted

I'm hearing those crickets again...

:tumbleweed:

Posted

I'm hearing those crickets again...

:tumbleweed:

I just got back from another run to Trashcanistan... 50.3 hours in 6 days...I'm beat.

Posted (edited)

I just got back from another run to Trashcanistan... 50.3 hours in 6 days...I'm beat.

Thought you might be over playing in the sandbox again. Welcome home. :beerchug:

You gonna be home for a little while, now?

I know Leni is "preoccupied" with legal matters (hope it works out soon for him). shitHitFan.gifboobies.gif

Lately it seems to be just the three of us here...

pee_smilie.gif

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

Had 4 days off last weekend to fly but the -26 below every morning put a damper on that. The forecast for this weekend is a whole lot warmer. Can't wait to fly. Daylight hours are getting longer now, should have time to fly after work now. Hope to mount my camera in my plane to get some videos.

Posted

bump… 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm hoping the crickets chirping are due to a bunch of flying going on too!

Posted

I'm still sitting around waiting for my plane.....

Posted

I am back at work doing a long hitch.. well, This hitch is actually short, but then I fly to Houston and New Orleans for a class then a test, so for all practical purposes, I probably wont get to fly again until mid July.  Its a pisser to miss the first half of summer, but I should be home in time for some awesome King Salmon fly out fishing then roll right into slaying the Silvers and rainbows on light fly rods.  Nothing like catching a 40 pound king on a 5 wt fly rod on a crystal clear stream.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Bump those crickets again...

Tumbleweed.gif

Posted

Chirp, Chirp  (maybe for once I was following the advice:  better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt)   ;-) Jim Chuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Painting. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

Just trolling the forum and waiting for the PacNW weather to be more acceptable to flying. 

On the other hand, I have purchased a Garmin VIRB Elite and I am doing the hours on the laptop to figure out how to make it all work.  Videos to be coming soon.  As soon as I have some actual flying videos to post I'll have to figure out how to do that too.

March sure has started as predicted...had 60 mph winds come through the other day, power outages and trees down everywhere. Not particularly good conditions to fly a 500 lb plane in so I left my little Avid hiding in it's barn.

QUESTION:  What is the best way, format, size, video file to have success posting on the forum?

MarkD