Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Clamp on nut-plate for tubing?

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone know where I can find a clamp on nutplate for tubing similar to this?  This is on a Fleet bi-plane.  They are used extensively throughout.  Cant seem to source any though.  A screw from the back side holds the nutplate (tube) in place.  Effectively a threaded T tube within a clamp with screws in each end.  The top image shows the nutpate ready to go and the bottom shows the system retaining screw that holds clamp force on the tube.

0924161136.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

Edited by LSaupe

Posted

My google-fu is not sufficient today to find the answer.  I've seen those before, but I haven't found the right words for google to locate them.

Mark

Posted

What connects to these?  That might help the search.

Mark

Posted

I want some too.   EDMO

Posted (edited)

What connects to these?  That might help the search.

Mark

Just about anything that would normally use a welded tab and a nutplate.  Literally the Fleet uses it to hold panels, pulley's and a multitude of other items,

Edited by LSaupe

Posted (edited)

Did the Chinese make fittings for the Fleet?  Otherwise, it is probably a lost cause today!  There is a guy in Guam who can reproduce about any antique airplane part, and sells things on ebay.    EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised if that clamp was made for Fleet.  Years ago, I worked for an aircraft supply house, and I can't remember coming across a tubing clamp with the T-nut in it.  Maybe the Antique Aircraft guys in Blakesburg, Iowa would know about them.

Here is a link to an Army technical manual covering AN hardware and standard practices data:  TM 1-1500-204-23-6 Rev. CHG-4