Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid and Kitfox parts for sale

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I purchased a couple of parts stashes to get material to fix up my Avids.  I have culled through the parts and taken out what I need. I will pass the remainder of the stuff along to people who might need it. Here is a partial list, feel free to make reasonable offers.

Parts are in Central Pennsylvania.

*One complete Avid airframe,B model  speedwing. Flyable but no paperwork. Rebuilt and recovered about five years ago with Stits polyfiber and Polytone paint.

*1 set Avid Speedwings with ailerons , need inspected and recovered . Fuel tanks both  Sides.

*Kitfox engine mount, early type with aluminum bottom plate.

*Kitfox engine mount, later type with side mounts. Side mounts included.

*Kitfox cowling, early model, bottom bootcowl broken but repairable.

*Bottom boot cowl off Kitfox 4 New, unused.

*2 sets short landing gear, Avid Flyer tail dragger. (bungee gear)

*1 set tall gear, Avid Flyer tail dragger (Bungee gear)

*1 set main gear, Avid tricycle. I do not have the nose gear.

*1 set of large wheels and tires for Kitfox or Avid, size 21x12.00-8 on aluminum wheels  with rotors and brakes Tires are unused.

*Early Kitfox horizontal  stab, elevator, and rudder. Needs covered.

*Set of early Kitfox lift struts, one bent.

* Early Kitfox rudder pedals and control sticks, also the linkages and mixer.

*Set of ribs for extending Avid  Speedwing. No tubing

Bob McCaa; whizzersatverizon.net 717 363 seven five five two

Posted

Wish you were closer!  I would take the speed wings off your hands.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I purchased a couple of parts stashes to get material to fix up my Avids.  I have culled through the parts and taken out what I need. I will pass the remainder of the stuff along to people who might need it. Here is a partial list, feel free to make reasonable offers.

Parts are in Central Pennsylvania.

*One complete Avid airframe,B model  speedwing. Flyable but no paperwork. Rebuilt and recovered about five years ago with Stits polyfiber and Polytone paint.

*1 set Avid Speedwings with ailerons , need inspected and recovered . Fuel tanks both  Sides.

*Kitfox engine mount, early type with aluminum bottom plate.

*Kitfox engine mount, later type with side mounts. Side mounts included.

*Kitfox cowling, early model, bottom bootcowl broken but repairable.

*Bottom boot cowl off Kitfox 4 New, unused.

*2 sets short landing gear, Avid Flyer tail dragger. (bungee gear)

*1 set tall gear, Avid Flyer tail dragger (Bungee gear)

*1 set main gear, Avid tricycle. I do not have the nose gear.

*1 set of large wheels and tires for Kitfox or Avid, size 21x12.00-8 on aluminum wheels  with rotors and brakes Tires are unused.

*Early Kitfox horizontal  stab, elevator, and rudder. Needs covered.

*Set of early Kitfox lift struts, one bent.

* Early Kitfox rudder pedals and control sticks, also the linkages and mixer.

*Set of ribs for extending Avid  Speedwing. No tubing

Bob McCaa; whizzersatverizon.net 717 363 seven five five two

I am sure you know what you have, but just wanted to post that "early Kitfox lift struts" does not mean they will fit all models - The 1 and 2 struts were shorter and attached to the spars closer to the fuselage and at a different angle than the 3 and 4 models.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I have no idea. I was told the stuff was Kitfox, for sure they are not Avid. The torn-up fuselage I got with the stuff is Kitfox, maybe I or II. For sure not IV If somebody needs the strut, text or call me and I'll get dimensions. If not, I'll cut them up for the tubing. The stuff isn't doing me any good. It doesn't eat anything, but it does take up a lot of space. I also have a cabin top.

Bob

Posted

I have no idea. I was told the stuff was Kitfox, for sure they are not Avid. The torn-up fuselage I got with the stuff is Kitfox, maybe I or II. For sure not IV If somebody needs the strut, text or call me and I'll get dimensions. If not, I'll cut them up for the tubing. The stuff isn't doing me any good. It doesn't eat anything, but it does take up a lot of space. I also have a cabin top.

Bob

Bob,  If you are anyone needs dimensions, I have a set of KF2 and a set of KF3 struts to measure - KF3 should have rod ends on both tubes.   EDMO

Posted

If the Kitfox fuse is 36" wide, it's model 1.  The 2 and later are 39 1/2" wide measured at the top of the seat.  Also, the Kitfox 1 door is different from later models.  Here is a Kitfox 1 that shows the door bottom.  Jim Chuk

Photo0149.jpg