Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid wing tips needed

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone have a set of Avid wing tips to sell?  A guy on the yahoo groups was looking for a set for his Avid.  Jim Chuk

Posted

Anyone have a set of Avid wing tips to sell?  A guy on the yahoo groups was looking for a set for his Avid.  Jim Chuk

Jim,  I have a set of used Kitfox Droop Tips for sale if he is interested.  EDMO

Posted

I have a brand new set, even with the aluminum t met bracket!

snaps 252 923 5145

Posted

How much for the kitfox droop tips ? I might be interested in getting them for my avid speedwing .

Posted (edited)

How much for the kitfox droop tips ? I might be interested in getting them for my avid speedwing .

$200 plus shipping.  You can PM me for address exchanges.  I can photo if serious.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I have a brand new set, even with the aluminum t met bracket!

snaps 252 923 5145

Do you still have these for sale Snaps?

Posted

IMG_4240.JPG

Posted

IMG_4240.JPG

how would one go about repairing this?

Posted

is the fiberglass broken?  if not, just a little heat from a heat gun should pull out most of the wrinkle

Posted

looks like your trailing edge aluminum has a kink in it.  I tried to find a picture yesterday that showed an uncovered wing so you could see what it looks like if you don't already know.  It will be a bit of a bear to fix it without opening up the wing, but if you had an inspection cover near the tip, maybe you could slide in a brace back there to tighten up the trailing edge, and glue it in place.  Maybe even slide a piece of aluminum into the trailing edge piece to hold it straight up and down at the kink as well.  Tough to work through an inspection cover though.  Otherwise bite the bullet, peel the finish tape off using MEK and work your way down through the fabric layers.  Once you have the trailing edge exposed, you could perhaps glue another one over it, then reglue the fabric and tapes in place, then repaint.  This picture is after the wing is covered, but you can see the pieces in place.  The fiberglass tip ends at the rear spar, and an aluminum tube finishes out the end of the wing, and the trailing edge attaches to it.  JImChuk

Photo0063.jpg