Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tailwheel Springs?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

You guys like compression type springs or tension type springs for the tailwheel. Also I mounted my 8 inch dual fork Matco and the thing is a few degrees slanted when I stand behind it and look down. What have others done to make these strait.

Posted

I like the compression springs, but would have to go to the books to remember which side the heavier spring goes on.   EDMO

You guys like compression type springs or tension type springs for the tailwheel. Also I mounted my 8 inch dual fork Matco and the thing is a few degrees slanted when I stand behind it and look down. What have others done to make these strait.

About an 8 lb sledgehammer should do the job!  Just Kidding - I donno...  ED

Posted (edited)

I've used both types of springs on the Avids.  Personal preference I think.  Maybe you can take the tail spring off and twist it a bit.  Maybe it's got a twist in it now, and that's causing the problem.  No guarantee that the bottom of the plane where the spring bolts to is flat, either.  Maybe shimming on one end of the spring or the other.  Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.   Jim Chuk

Edited by 1avidflyer