Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TWO WARP DRIVE BLADES & PROTRACTOR

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have two 62" diameter prop blades - right turning tractor, or left turning pusher, like new, with blade protractor,  use in a 2-blade hub, or add another blade for a 3-blade hub.  Hub not included.  $250 +  $25 shipping.   EDMO

THE BLADES WERE SOLD....

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

I have two 62" diameter HP/HPL standard prop blades - right turning tractor, or left turning pusher, like new, with blade protractor,  use in a 2-blade hub, or add another blade for a 3-blade hub.  Hub not included.  $250 +  $25 shipping.   Going on ebay next week if no one wants them here.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Can you stretch them out 2"?  I need another 64" blade for my Avid Jabiru project.  So close and yet so far away.  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

Can you stretch them out 2"?  I need another 64" blade for my Avid Jabiru project.  So close and yet so far away.  Jim Chuk

Jim,  I think these may be the extra 2" if you put them in a 2 blade hub?  The 62" was the measurement in a 3-blade hub, and I don't know how to convert the "Y" measurements to a straight 2-blade. Maybe you can ask Warp Drive?   What about putting more pitch on them?  WD told me that a 68" with more pitch would give me better cruise than a 72" with less pitch.   EDMO

Added:  These blades measure 29 1/4" overall length.

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I'll measure what I have tomorrow.  Couldn't wait, ran out to the garage, and without taking the hub apart, it seems my blade is 29 1/2" long.  Maybe you should get some pics and send them to me.  Do the blades have the stainless steel protection inserts?  Do you have a serial # on either of the blades?  Thanks,  Jim

Posted

I'll measure what I have tomorrow.  Couldn't wait, ran out to the garage, and without taking the hub apart, it seems my blade is 29 1/2" long.  Maybe you should get some pics and send them to me.  Do the blades have the stainless steel protection inserts?  Do you have a serial # on either of the blades?  Thanks,  Jim

lol are you gonna get Daryl at warp drive to sell you a hub?

Posted (edited)

lol are you gonna get Daryl at warp drive to sell you a hub?

I am guessing Jim has a hub already, but sure Daryl will sell him one - If there is a problem, I will order one for him.  If he wants to make a 3-blade, I'm sure WD will cut his blade to match.  

Jim,  I will post a photo in just a little while - these are plain, square tipped.  SN: C20382  62R

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Jim,  Measured again unwrapped with yardstick and tape measure and now looks like 29 1/8"  Blades look unused - still got sticker on one. 

Here is photo.   EdMO

IMG_1638.JPG

Posted

I talked to Darrel at Warp drive yesterday about where to start with pitch on that Kitfox 1 /582 and asked him about the Warp drive /Jabirus and such, he said they didn't want to sell to any new buyers, but would sell me what I needed.  (1 blade) Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

I talked to Darrel at Warp drive yesterday about where to start with pitch on that Kitfox 1 /582 and asked him about the Warp drive /Jabirus and such, he said they didn't want to sell to any new buyers, but would sell me what I needed.  (1 blade) Jim Chuk

Am I correct in telling TJay that the 4" bolt circle prop flange might be same as Rotax 912 - What bolts does yours take?   I guess you don't need these?  Are you going 2 or 3 blade on the Jab?

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Jabiru is 4" if my memory is correct.  My Jab came with bushings drilled for 1/4" bolts.  That is the size holes Tennessee Props put in the props for Jabirus.  The Warp hub came with 5/16" holes, so I drilled out my bushing to 5/16".  Ran back out to the garage, and my blade is 30 1/8" long, so your blades are for 62" prop.  Rats!  I would have bought them.  Jim Chuk

Posted

I think the 912 is 4" bolt circle and maybe uses 8mm bolts which are just about 5/16".   Sorry you cant use these.   Someone can.    EDMO

Posted

912 has 3 6-hole bolt patterns:  8mm holes on 75mm bolt circle, 11.5 mm on 80mm and 13mm on 101.5mm (4") with a 47mm hub in the middle.

1 person likes this

Posted

912 has 3 6-hole bolt patterns:  8mm holes on 75mm bolt circle, 11.5 mm on 80mm and 13mm on 101.5mm (4") with a 47mm hub in the middle.

That's some heavy-duty bolts (about 1/2") on the 4" bolt circle.  Small Lycos only had 3/8", and medium ones used 1/2".    EDMO

Posted

The largest bolt circle is designed for inserts.  My yellow plane has metric threaded inserts (Rotax parts) and the Mangy has non-threaded inserts made custom by Prince Aircraft.

propflange2.jpg

Posted

My SAE2 flange don't have any drive lugs - just threaded.  Warp Drive hubs normally have the indentations for drive lugs, but Daryl says he has made some without the indentations.  Guess the 3/8" bolts work fine without lugs for the Soobs with belt drives.  EDMO

Posted

The Sube that was on my last Kitfox 4 project had 5/16" bolts, no drive lugs.  That has a NSI gearbox.  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

I put the 2 blades on ebay, without the protractor which I will sell separately. 

Blades are SOLD.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO