Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid a hit at the airshow

9 posts in this topic

Posted

We had an airshow in town (Lake City, FL) for the first time in 11 years this last weekend.  Fairly big deal, we got the Thunderbirds to perform, which isn't easy for a small town like ours.  Our EAA chapter set up a booth, and we wanted some airplanes there to bring people in.  One guy brought his bright shiny RV7.  I was getting ready to recover my Avid, so I said I'd take the skin off, and we could show what is 'inside' an airplane.  The guy with the RV7 was a little put out, he said people kept walking right by his RV7 to get pictures of my naked Avid!  :-)

Mark

5 people like this

Posted

Mark,  Any photos of your naked Avid to post?  I only have naked Kitfoxes!  EDMO

Posted

I have spent the last 3 months putting clothes on my kitfox.

Posted

;)

thisthreadisuselesswithoutpictures.jpg

Posted

Not real sure how to post video, but here goes a try.  Not of the Avid, I'll take pictures when I get it out of the hangar again.

https://youtu.be/2zY1W4XUWpA

Posted

;) I was wanting pics of it at the show. That was great! I would have loved to have seen it with all the people around!!! :)

Posted

;) I was wanting pics of it at the show. That was great! I would have loved to have seen it with all the people around!!! :)

Yea, well I was working (I should say volunteering, which is working twice as hard for no pay) hospitality at the sponsor tents, and I didn't even have a chance to go check on it over at the EAA booth.  No one there thought to take pictures of it either :(  Of course, working at the sponsor tents meant I was on the flightline, and we were also hospitality for the performers and the Thunderbirds, so it wasn't all bad.  I got a tour of the Mohawk (OV-1) by the pilot, so that was good.  The OV-1 and OV-10 are two of my favorite planes.

Mark

Posted

One funny thing was the EAA chapter was raffling an airplane ride.  They put the raffle sign right in front of my Avid.  Several people asked if that was the plane the ride was going to be given in.......

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

Hahahaha!!! Too funny!!! :)