Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid B on ebay for sale

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,  I ran across this Avid B on ebay.  It's in Alabama.  Needs an engine and some instruments.  Not sure why they made it so you can't read the N #.  Anyway, that's as much as I know about it.  Maybe this is of use to someone (closer to it than me ;-)  Jim Chuk

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-B-Model-Airplane-/111943808139?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1a105ef48b:g:4xwAAOSws4JW8IWW&item=111943808139

Posted

No N number + eBay listing = IMO Scam

Posted

Yea, it looks pretty sketchy.  The pictures posted are pictures taken of a computer screen displaying the pictures.....

Mark

Posted

I actually asked the guy some questions.  He ended up giving me the N # for the plane.  Says he bought it several months ago, but never transferred the registration into his name.   Says he is not a taildragger pilot.  I would guess the plane got the better of him.   When I ran the # there is an Avid on the FAA  registry with that #.   Lists it as having a 503 Rotax for the engine.  I'm guessing it's mostly legit.  If I was going to bid, I would have to talk to the guy whose name it's registered in as well as the 'current' owner to be sure it's all on the up and up.  Jim Chuk

1 person likes this