Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Needed Clevland rim

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello All! I'm looking for a 600-6 Clevland outer rim or entire wheel, don't need the brakes, Any info. Would be apreciated Thanks! Happy Skys!!

Posted

Hello All! I'm looking for a 600-6 Clevland outer rim or entire wheel, don't need the brakes, Any info. Would be apreciated Thanks! Happy Skys!!

What # wheel and what size axle?  I'm not sure they are so interchangeable.

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

OK!- what I need is a 600-6, 40-281,with a 1 1/4 inch axle.

Posted (edited)

OK!- what I need is a 600-6, 40-281,with a 1 1/4 inch axle.

Al,  You would be wanting a wheel from a Cessna or something besides a Piper - I think most Pipers have 1 1/2" axles.  

I don't know about the Traumahawk axles. 

Al - I sent you a PM about one.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed,  A ton of the pipers (pacers, colts and even 18s) come out of the factory with 1 1/4" axles.  I have a set on my Avid now that came off a PA 12. 

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Ed,  A ton of the pipers (pacers, colts and even 18s) come out of the factory with 1 1/4" axles.  I have a set on my Avid now that came off a PA 12. 

:BC:

Guess I just missed that - all of the tripacers  and pacers I have seen had 1 1/2" axles, even the nosewheels - I think our PA-28 had them too.  Our Cessna had 1 1/4 axles, so I just figured one size for Pipers, and another for Cessna. ???

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

So after calling the Parker Clevland co in Ohio, I found out that the Clevland wheels that came with the Skystar Kitfoxs back in the 90s were specifically made for them alone and no other wheel they made will match the outer rim. 40-281 is the entire wheel assemble, 162-06500, is the outer rim, . so I will be buying a new outer rim! Unless someone has a Kit Fox wheel from then. Thanks for looking around for me, especially Edmo!!

Posted

The final answer to this interchange of wheel rims question is that a 40-60A outer rim will fit the40-281 wheel exept it's aluminium not Magnesium. So if anyone has or sees one for sale please let me know! Thanks Al!!