Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Applying Tapes

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys check this out when I put tape on I am noticing it dries and looks thin. Maybe this is normal but I would like some input. Take a look at this picture you will see at the front half of the wing the tape is drying and now look farther down on the tape, I just layed the tape on the glue, you can see I am getting full penetration of glue up through the tape but as it dries it starts to look thin with white spots, Is this normal, Temp is 72 degrees with 35% humidity mixing 3 parts poly brush to 1 part reducer. 

more tape 006.JPG

Posted

Did you brush a coat on top of the tapes and work it in?

Posted

I would say this.  Review the poly fiber manual.  It will tell you that blotchy looking color is normal.  (especially over ribstiching)  Did you put a couple or three coats of poly brush under where the tapes will go?  Like I said, use plenty of poly brush.  Jim Chuk

Posted

Yeah Jim is right and the poly fiber company emailed me back a little bit ago and also said it is normal. they said if you want to avoid that you need to put 3 coats of poly brush where the tape will lay before you start to tape. but they said it will all be invisible later.