Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dinner with SuberAvid

15 posts in this topic

Posted

I was fortunate enough to be able to meet up with Randy for some food and Avid talk tonight in Anchorage. It was great to finally meet you!! image.thumb.jpeg.34f23f613b4d7cb7cc6f2b3

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

6 people like this

Posted

Glad you were able to connect.  And that's about as bright as it gets out there this time of year (2nd to last pic)?

Posted

that's awesome ,what a way to get there!

Posted

Great when working? dinners work out ;)

Posted

Awesome! very cool!

Posted

This is kinda like a right of passage to meet and dine with Randy!  That means you finally made it to Alaska.  Congratulations. 

I hope, someday, to be added to the list of sou-easters he has met...  :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Glad you were able to connect.  And that's about as bright as it gets out there this time of year (2nd to last pic)?

It gets a lot brighter than that in winter, just not for as many hours - That photo looks like the morning Sun coming up over the Chugach Mountains.  Actually, that is about as dark as it gets in the middle of summer - I have watched the Midnight Sun go around behind the mountains from West to East before coming up while I was fishing after midnight in the summer.

Great Flyers meeting!

EDMOI

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Yes that is pretty cool!!!

Posted

I'll have to get my Magnum fixed before I can fly to Alaska to meet Randy and/or Leni for my right of passage!

I don't think it will be an option in my ELSA Fat Avid even though I hope to have it in the air this summer.

Posted

Both super nice guys!

Posted

SPOILER!!

Thanks, Mark.  You ruined meeting Randy.  Now I don't have any good reason to go to Alaska.  

Now the only reason I have to go there is to meet Leni and who the hell wants to do that??  He's an asshole.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

SPOILER!!

Thanks, Mark.  You ruined meeting Randy.  Now I don't have any good reason to go to Alaska.  

Now the only reason I have to go there is to meet Leni and who the hell wants to do that??  He's an asshole.

Larry, You can always go fishing for your own dinner in Alaska while Leni is slaving or sleeping on the North Slope.  Here is my wife with a couple of small King Salmon - I think the larger one weighed 43 pounds - My son-in-law got a King at that spot, near where Leni lives, over 90 pounds, and as long as I am tall - 5' 7".   Unfortunately, I didn't get to meet Leni or Randy when I lived there.

EDMO

S2010815.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed, I have enough dirt on Joe to put him the federal pen for along time... I can't stand that lying POS... I don't know if his son Chad is still guiding with him or not..

Posted (edited)

Ed, I have enough dirt on Joe to put him the federal pen for along time... I can't stand that lying POS... I don't know if his son Chad is still guiding with him or not..

I don't doubt that opinion!!!

I don't know Chad, but I knew Joe and Mary in Anchorage.   Adam (my step daughter's husband) guided and did maintenance at Big Sky for years.  I figured he might end up owning the place someday, but maybe he got tired of it?   I've been there a few times.  Photo was in 2007.  I am not a hook and line fisherman - I prefer Dipnetting because it is quieter than Dynamite!

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Thanks to Leni for sending me a text that Joey was on base.  It was really great to meet another one of the Avidfox brothers and go to dinner.  I sure am glad we finally got to meet even for such a brief time, but hope he gets to bring his family up soon for some good touristy stuff and flying of course! 

If any of you guys make it up here be sure to let me know so we can get together.  And maybe I can make it to some of the great flying events down there to meet more of you guys.

Larry, you kill me.  You are so funny!

1 person likes this